I'm writing in hopes of help as I have reached desperation! I got my Pearl last Thursday and loaded my pictures, ringtones, videos, and music onto my 2gb micro sd card...however....my music shows up as all 0s even though it's formatted correctly...i can view my pictures as thumbnails but when I try to enlarge them my screen goes white....and my videos and such take FOREVER to load. When I look at the folders they say "READ ONLY" on my computer which I'm assuming is causing the problem...and I have tried going into properties and changing them however they change back to READ ONLY on their own. Also...know this....when my friends put their cards into my phone...no issues......HELP!
    01-28-08 08:24 AM
    Jessica, welcome to CB.

Is the music you put on the BB from iTunes? BB will not play DRM iTunes, it should be normal mp3s.

How are you looking at the folders on your Media Card? From the PC?
    The best way to use your Media Card is with Mass Storage enabled....
    some tips:
    How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    01-28-08 08:33 AM
    No iTunes here....just MP3s.....I am looking at the folders from my PC...mass storage is enabled as well. I dunno what is goin on
    01-28-08 08:57 AM
    ok, unplug your BB from the PC for a moment, remove the battery from the BB (with its power on), hold a few seconds, replace and reboot. Try playing a mp3, or view a picture from the thumbnail.

What happens?
    01-28-08 09:08 AM
    Same thing.....nothin
    01-28-08 09:57 AM
    Here's something from the peanut gallery, but have you flipped the little grey switch on the card? I don't actually know if that would do anything...
    01-28-08 04:48 PM
    I've done just about everything....just wondering if anyone has seen this problem before and if anyone has a fix for it. I'm up for anything at this point
    01-29-08 08:31 AM
    SNIP..... Also...know this....when my friends put their cards into my phone...no issues......HELP!
    What about if you try your card in your friend's phone? Does it work ok there? Sounding like it's a card issue.
    01-29-08 09:21 AM
    I also have had a hard time with a micro card...but I'll post it somewhere else.

Have you tried to do a quick format on the card prior to loading the MP3s and pictures???

I think it may be grasping at straws, but...sometimes one never knows.
    01-29-08 10:03 AM
    I got a new card....same problem.....my folders are all coming up as READ ONLY still on my computer and will not allow me to change them....when I put my card into someone else's phone it works perfectly.....I don't know what i'm doing wrong...it has to be a setting.
    02-01-08 01:32 PM
    I dont know much about BBs yet, but I have found that using the removable disk option from my computer works easier than the roxio media manager. In fact I hate the media manager. I have had an easier time just doing it all thru the my computer menu. Just my two cents. But I am new.
    02-17-08 04:16 AM
    I would try formatting the card. Keep in mind, you will loose whatever is on there. Put the card into your BlackBerry and go to Options > Media Card > BB Key > Format Card.

After that, then try loading files on to your card. Also, have you been loading up your card via a card reader or via the card in your BlackBerry and using it as a mass storage device?
    02-17-08 12:06 PM
    I just got a 2G card as well and was able to download songs with no problem, but my problem is that it messed up my call log screen and my messages. My call log no longer shows the arrows of what was incoming and outgoing. It just lists phone numbers. Some of them I haven't dialed in months. Also, my inbox is all screwed. I lost a ton of emails. Its like they disappeared. Please help.
    02-17-08 04:40 PM
    I finally got Verizon to transfer me to RIM. The guy knew all about my problem, had me back up my Pearl and then delete all of the software and re add it but I only re added the things I needed....it not only fixed the media card issue, but it also stabilized my memory so it stopped deleting my call log and text messages....my recommendation.....call your carrier and get them to transfer you to RIM and have them trouble shoot you......it's all too often that companies have the "we'll send you a new one" option.....which is appreciated greatly, but sometimes doesn't solve your issue.
    02-18-08 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD