media card/mass storage device with mac??

not so much....

it works to put files onto the 8130 from the mac, but when you try to take them from the 8130 to the mac (power mac OSX) it fails and/or complete crashes the BB...

I thought I was going insane and/or had a bad media card, but then I tested on a PC and it works fine back and forth...

Is there a solution?? part of the whole reason I wanted this thing was to be able to use it as a USB key (so to speak) to save having to carry one for trasferring files from machine to machine with out needing to upload or email the files...
    Last edited by Schteevie; 02-26-08 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
    02-26-08 12:59 AM
    media card/mass storage device with mac??

not so much....

it works to put files onto the 8130 from the mac, but when you try to take them from the 8130 to the mac (power mac OSX) it fails and/or complete crashes the BB...

I thought I was going insane and/or had a bad media card, but then I tested on a PC and it works fine back and forth...

Is there a solution?? part of the whole reason I wanted this thing was to be able to use it as a USB key (so to speak) to save having to carry one for transferring files from machine to machine with out needing to upload or email the files...
    There is a know issue with the 8130 an OS X10.5. It causes the 8130 to lock up and go into a reboot cycle. So you can not use Mass Storage. There are a few ways, but the easiest for me was to use a card reader. Some have used BlueTooth, I haven't tried that yet. Also neither PocketMac nor MissingSync will allow you to transfer media. RIM is working an a Mac version of the DeskTop Manager. Hope it will be out soon.
    Take a look thru the Mac forum below. It's got tons of good info.
    02-26-08 04:39 AM
    This is interesting. I'm having the same trouble with our new Pearl. I was curious since our Curve works perfectly with the Mac and the PC. Our Pearl works perfectly with the PC but goes into this reboot cycle on the Mac 10.5.4. If this is indeed a known issue, one then wonders if it will ever be fixed by those who can?

One can't transfer media with Pocket Mac, but the media card in our Curve mounts to the Mac Finder so I can xfer files all day long. No need for a RIM Desktop manager. Now, if only the Pearl would do the same . . .
    08-22-08 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD