I have a 2gb microSD in my 8130 verizon pearl and get a message that asks:

"Do you want to turn on mass storage mode. You might not be able to access some media files in this mode".

I have been saying "no" but I'm not sure if it should be "yes".

How should I answer? Thanks for your input!
    11-29-07 11:23 AM
    I'm with you on this one.
    I don't quite understand what mass storage mode is.
    11-29-07 12:30 PM
    don't get this either! Even talked to Verizon and they don't even know!
    11-29-07 12:34 PM
    Where's the crackberry braineacts when you need them???
    11-29-07 12:54 PM
    When you are asked to do this, its so the computer can read what you have on your memory card when plugged into the usb port. In this mode, you can transfer (drag & drop) media without going through desktop and media managers. It turns your phone into an extra storage drive so to speak.
    11-29-07 12:55 PM
    If you say yes, your BB shows up as a drive letter under my computer and you can copy and paste files (or MP3's, ringtones....) on it.
    11-29-07 01:44 PM
    mass storage mode should be on, here is the lecture: Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    11-29-07 01:54 PM
    YEP!
    I like to drag and drop files to my SD card.
    You're not getting this prompt randomly are you? It should come up when connected to your PC.
    11-29-07 02:32 PM
    I say YES every time... That's how I get files on to it, like EtherealLover, through drag-and-drop
    11-29-07 03:49 PM
    The prompt only comes on when I'm connected to the pc. I think I will make it default answer "yes" so I won't have to answer the prompt everytime I connect to the pc. Thanks!
    11-29-07 05:31 PM
    If you don't want your phone to ask every time like me all you have to do is go into your settings then select media card and select yes to allow to be a multi media card
    12-05-07 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD