So when I plug in my phone using the USB cable, the message on the phone asks if i want to turn on the mass storage mode, and if i press yes something would pop up on my computer so i could put music and stuff. but now when i do it the message on the phone pops up and i press yes but nothing on the screen pops up. I tried going to my computer and Removable Disk (F but it says, to insert a removable disk (F. Could somebody please help me, thanks!
    05-06-09 07:37 PM
    i got the same problem since it came back from maintenance at vodafone, i think the prob is from the bb os but i dont know how to setup USB setting on the devices. i use a mac and my mac doesnt recognize it event if it appears connected on usb port on mac system setting, i tried to connect on the windows system, and it doens appears as a mass storage unit, its appears only on the DM... so i think problem came from the install or update process of the bb devices system, may this will help to find a soluce
    05-31-09 04:20 PM
    Here's what your settings should look like. If they are correct, and you still are having an issue, it's either a missing pin on the USB connector in your device, or the OS itself. If you only have 4 pins, delete the port and reboot your PC. When it reboots, reconnect the device and it should automatically set up the port again. Less than 4 pins, and you will have to replace it. If it's the OS, go to the top of the 8100 forum and use my A to Z guide to upgrade.

05-31-09 04:43 PM
    Not sure if you ever got this resolved but i came across this while having the same issue.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

hope it helps.
    08-25-09 01:32 PM
    When i put the media card in and turn on the phone it is not recognising it. It says in the media file that there isn't a media card in the device?
    08-26-09 07:26 AM
    I followed the advice in the thread referenced above and it's working for me now. Thanks! It had been bugging me for months.
    08-26-09 02:48 PM
    I followed the advice in the thread referenced above and it's working for me now. Thanks! It had been bugging me for months.
    Glad it helped. This was driving me nuts for a few weeks until i came across that thread. Now it works perfectly.
    08-28-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD