Hey gang,

I'm a new BlackBerry Pearl user. I bought the 8120, and I had to switch providers, and obviously I have a new number now. I was wondering though; Can I send a mass SMS to all of my contacts, saying something like "Hey, this is Kris. This is my new number..." or do I have to text everyone individually? I have over 100 contacts, and that would take too long...

Thanks in advance. I figure, if anybody knew, it would be you all.
    07-10-08 06:26 PM
    I think you can only text 10 at a time. If someone does have a better answer I would love to know. I'm always sending mass texts 10 at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 06:29 PM
    Thank you. I'll give it a try.

10 at a time is better than 1 ha ha.
    07-11-08 12:28 AM
    You can also make a group and add all of your contacts to it. Then I'm pretty sure it allows you to just select that group and send one one msg to everyone

07-11-08 07:47 AM
    You can also make a group and add all of your contacts to it. Then I'm pretty sure it allows you to just select that group and send one one msg to everyone

Exxxactly!! I was going to recommend doing this same exact thing!

Make a group in your address book... add contacts to the group! When you compose the SMS you select the group as the contact

*EDIT* : Would be nice to tell you how to make a group... go to Address Book then Menu > New Group! It will show in the Address Book as the name you give it.
    07-11-08 07:49 AM
    Niiice!

I love this thing. My friends talked me out of buying an iPHONE.

Thank you!
    07-11-08 10:11 AM
    did it work?

could you send more than 100 messages?
    08-26-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD