Hello,

I have a brand new BB 8130 from Verizon. I have had one before, but this one is a replacement and is literally fresh out of the box today. I am trying to install my old SD card on into the new BB, but every time I try to put the phone into Mass Media Storage mode it shuts down and restarts. I have tried reformatting the SD card, but that doesn't seem to be working, as when I tried to select Remove Media Card the phone says "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted."

Just as auxiliary information, I am also running a Mac OSX 10.5 operating system, and using Pocket Sync Mac to sync the computer and BB.

What is the deal, and how do I fix it?
    09-04-08 06:42 PM
    Never heard that one, might have to tell Verizon to pony up another one.
    09-04-08 06:50 PM
    Like I said, this is a replacement. I already took the problem to Verizon and they replaced the old phone with this one, yet the problem still persists.
    09-04-08 07:02 PM
    Do you have access to a windoze PC? Sounds like you have something corrupt on the card, my 1st 4g I had to foremat with FAT32 before my BB would recognize it to format and add the files to it.
    Also keep in mind, anything 4gig or bigger will need an adapter to be read by a not so new pc, (needed an adapter for my year and a half old laptop).

That's where I'd start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD