In the instructions, it says you can skip between tracks by pressing 4 and 6 or by pressing and holding the Volume Up/Down buttons on the side. I've tried the Volume Button method but all it does is restarts the current track from the beginning (but Up and Down buttons).

So I am currently unable to control the media player when my BB Flip is closed (except for pause/mute). Has anyone else had this problem?

na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/4255/Media_shortcuts_reduced_keyboard_431_283832_11.jsp
    11-18-08 07:12 PM
    4 and 6 key works fine, if i hold them it shifts through the songs.

but the volume up/down does not shift through the songs when the flip is closed.

when i hold the volume down key, the song goes back to the beginning.

the Handheld software on mine is 4.6.0.145. ill try to update later and see what happens.
    11-18-08 08:26 PM
    4 and 6 key works fine, if i hold them it shifts through the songs.

but the volume up/down does not shift through the songs when the flip is closed.

when i hold the volume down key, the song goes back to the beginning.

the Handheld software on mine is 4.6.0.145. ill try to update later and see what happens.
    it sure does...
    11-18-08 10:47 PM
    After running some tests on my KickStart, I think I figured your issue out. The media player works great. As a matter of fact, it works exactly like a media player should. Meaning, yes, it restarts the song if you're so far into it. What you need to do is press/hold down the button a second time so it will go to the previous song. This is more or less like CD players and how they work, and media players used to do this, but normally that feature is disabled automatically on download now. iTunes used to do the same thing, and there are settings to restore that feature to the player. I don't know if there are settings on the KickStart to remedy this, but it's such a minor inconvenience, I think we'll survive.
    11-19-08 02:11 AM
    Wow! I see where you problem is! I just posted a whole bamble about holding the UP button then I went and tried it. IT DIDN'T WORK! Here's the problem (and the solution).

In order to skip tracks while holding the up button you need to press and hold it for 2 seconds. Anything less will raise the volume and anything more will sometimes cause the phone to no longer recognize the "change track" function. This happens because the phone thinks it needs to change tracks when you release your hold on the button, but because you didn't do it fast enough it thinks you are raising the volume and gets confused and stops working. This only happens sometimes. Close the application and try again (close it using the menu>close). It should work again by pressing and holding the up key.

Actually, while testing my theory - I noticed that most of the time you do not need to release your hold on the button, but sometimes when you don't - that's what causes it to get stuck.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 11-19-08 at 04:52 AM. Reason: D'oh
    11-19-08 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD