Heres a way to make yourself a very loud ringtone of your choice, and will make you not complain about the volume...

download audacity at SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

download the lame_enc.dll codec here
    DLL-files.com - lame_enc.dll, free download
    just extract it to your desktop or whereever...

install audacity and open up your song file with it....

when the song loads, you'll see the songs oscilliscopic form...

you can select which part of the song you would like to have as your ringtone and copy and paste it in a row if you would like it to loop it....

you'll know your ringtone is ready to customize when you hit the play button and it plays EXACTLY as you would like it to on your phone. Personally, I like to loop the ringtone on there since I usually use song chorus's or what not and I dont want my phone to vibrate inbetween, also if you let the phone loop it, it has a second or two delay....any how... i digress....

next, go to edit >select >all and click "effect" > amplify...

now here it takes a bit of trial and error.... what you want to do is to choose a range from 0-24, 0 being the current volume. I like to start out around 8-10 and test out the ringtone to see if the ringtone needs to be louder... just a warning, 24dba level is very loud and distorted so i would stay away from going that high...

once you choose your range, check the "allow clipping" and hit ok...

next go to effect > normalize > okay....

You're done!!! just click on file > "export as mp3" and locate the lame_enc.dll file you downloaded. Now just send it over to your phone via usb... if the volume on the ringtone still isn't loud enough, increase the dba through the amplifier as stated above...

another thing you can try messing with if the bass seems to be too high or the song is too distorted and changing the amplification isn't helping is after increasing the dba, go to effect > hard limiter> and tweak the wet value somewhere inbetween .25 and 1.00 ... personally, i like to just leave it at 1 with no tweaking, but if it is too distorted, i'll drop the value down to around 0.500... again of course, export as mp3 and try it out..

I kinda rushed this guide, and im also not a pro with audacity or music editing, just compiled some info from the net... feel free to ask some questions, hopefully i can answer.
    03-12-08 04:35 PM
    I use the same method, it works! I just uploaded a few dozen.
    03-12-08 05:56 PM
    "download audacity at SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

download the lame_enc.dll codec here
    DLL-files.com - lame_enc.dll, free download
    just extract it to your desktop or whereever...

next, go to edit >select >all and click "effect" > amplify...

once you choose your range, check the "allow clipping" and hit ok...

next go to effect > normalize > okay....

You're done!!! just click on file > "export as mp3" and locate the lame_enc.dll file you downloaded. Now just send it over to your phone via usb... if the volume on the ringtone still isn't loud enough, increase the dba through the amplifier as stated above..."

MY Q's:
    1. why do i need the lame_enc.dll freedown load?
    2. where is the edit option?? all i can see is play, loop, stop and configure
    i can not find "EDIT" anywhere...PLEASE HELP ME!
    09-30-08 03:06 PM
    That doesn't sound to hard to do
    10-22-08 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD