Okay so i am a real estate agent and i use my bberry for gps alot. I don't have a car holder thing and I dont know where i would mount one if I did i don't like the thought of mounting it to the winshield and the dashboard is really too far away for me to see it and i dont want to block one of the airvents. i ordered one of those skins and my dad had the idea to get a magnet and just put one side on the skin and one side right there in the middle of my steering wheel. i like this idea but what about the bb? will it go in standby mode whenever it gets around a magnet and if so is there away to turn it off and if there are answers to all this..is it safe to have a magnet around my blackberry all the time thanks guys!!
    04-13-08 06:47 PM
    i think the magnet would automatically turn the berry into standby mode
    04-13-08 06:49 PM
    Rather than use a magnet, why not use some velcro?
    04-13-08 06:57 PM
    velcro great idea
    04-13-08 06:59 PM
    Rather than use a magnet, why not use some velcro?
    I don't want to use velcro because I don't want to accidentally snag my clothes getting in and out of the car. PLus the sound is a little annoying lol.
    04-13-08 07:00 PM
    why not get a belt clip and glue it on there and just snap your berry in and out
    04-13-08 07:01 PM
    true the sound may get annoying, however, you could just put the 'softer' side of the velcro on the steering wheel, then there is no fear of snagging
    04-13-08 07:02 PM
    why not get a belt clip and glue it on there and just snap your berry in and out
    Okay I have a 40,000 dollar car. I AM NOT going to glue anything anywhere, but apart from that it was a good idea.

true the sound may get annoying, however, you could just put the 'softer' side of the velcro on the steering wheel, then there is no fear of snagging
    That's one idea, but then the rough side would constantly be there on the back of my phone hounding me and watching my every move just waiting for the chance to snag something
    04-13-08 07:20 PM
    sorry lol you could use double sided tape
    04-13-08 07:21 PM
    Well if my BB didn't fit anywhere on my car, then the car would have to go.
    04-13-08 07:32 PM
    **** ya straight to the junkyard lol
    04-13-08 07:33 PM
    Lol guys I think I'm going go have to cover a vent ugh that sucks anyone else with a better solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 08:02 PM
    i have a vent clip and it's still pretty easy to see if you look on BlackBerry and look for accessories there is a car kit that plugs into the lighter and it comes out on an arm
    04-13-08 08:04 PM
    I got a cheap holster with a belt clip but no magnet or top flap from Wal Mart and I have it clipped to my sun visor. I wasn't keen on blocking the vents or the windshield thing either, and this works well for me.
    04-13-08 08:08 PM
    Why not a window mount suction cup holder?
    04-13-08 08:20 PM
    Initially, I thought the idea of attaching your BB to the middle of the steering wheel was a great idea - GPS maps right there in front of you, etc....

Then I thought about the air bag. I don't know what kind of car you drive, but I'd strongly suggest NOT attaching anything in front of an air bag that is going to be driven into your face or chest in a crash.

My humble $0.02.
    04-13-08 08:29 PM
    Hey - I see that you posted a few months ago....

BUT you should check out this website: proclipsusa

you'll have to google it BECAUSE

(for some reason crackberry won't let me post links yet)

They have some awesome solutions for mounting in your car
    06-04-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD