I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 it is unlocked and it's original carrier is AT&T, but I am using it with T-mobile. Under options, in About, it is using v4.2.0.71(platform 2.2.0.41). I want to transition everything to T-mobile, however, no-one from T-mobile seems to know what they are doing and they cannot help me with this. That is my frist problem. My second problem is I do not have the little globe on my desk top to access the web. Can anyone help with that one? Thirdly, I am unable to access AIM, when I go to sign it states "Service not enabled for this handheld"! If there is anyone who can help fix these issues that is great!!!!!!
    09-21-09 01:38 PM
    #1 you need the blackberry data personal...should be 29.99.....what do you mean transition?.......its unlocked...pop your sim in and off you go....all you need now is to get tmo to push the service books to your phone.......no little globe on your desktop.....that could be a million things.......aim doesnt work without data plan either....
    09-21-09 05:20 PM
    T-mobile tried to push the books through but it won't work. I dont have the web Icon, I only have the "t-zones".
    09-21-09 08:46 PM
    Also that os is pretty old. You can upgrade by following the link at the top of this forum. Follow the instructions on HOW TO UPGRADE carefully. There is also a BLACKBERRY 101 guide in the forums that has a ton of helpful how tos and FAQs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 03:30 AM
    Do you know what "Enterprise Activation" is? Here is the dumbest question of all what does "os" stand for?
    09-22-09 08:29 AM
    Do you know what "Enterprise Activation" is? Here is the dumbest question of all what does "os" stand for?
    OS stands for operating software which can be found in options> about top number.

and enterprise activation means

"The enterprise activation process allows a BlackBerry� smartphone user to remotely activate a BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry� Enterprise Server, without the need for a physical network connection or a connection to a computer.

Once a BlackBerry smartphone is ready to be activated, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server system administrator sets and provides the BlackBerry smartphone user with the enterprise activation password.

To begin the enterprise activation process, the enterprise activation password and the BlackBerry smartphone user's work email address are entered on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Within a short amount of time, the BlackBerry smartphone is authenticated and authorized to the BlackBerry smartphone user�s work email account, allowing email messages and other data to be sent and received using the BlackBerry smartphone." - blackberry.com
    09-22-09 02:09 PM
    OS stands for operating software which can be found in options> about top number.

and enterprise activation means

"The enterprise activation process allows a BlackBerry� smartphone user to remotely activate a BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry� Enterprise Server, without the need for a physical network connection or a connection to a computer.

Once a BlackBerry smartphone is ready to be activated, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server system administrator sets and provides the BlackBerry smartphone user with the enterprise activation password.

To begin the enterprise activation process, the enterprise activation password and the BlackBerry smartphone user's work email address are entered on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Within a short amount of time, the BlackBerry smartphone is authenticated and authorized to the BlackBerry smartphone user�s work email account, allowing email messages and other data to be sent and received using the BlackBerry smartphone." - blackberry.com

Can you help me fix my phone??????
    09-22-09 02:28 PM
    im not too familiar with unlocked phones the web is probably missing because you may not have access to data yet try going into options > advanced options > host routing table and register now then do a battery pull afterwards this forces the internet, to your phone if it is available. the os shouldnt matter on the phone either if you are concerned to do an upgrade in the how to there is a section about doing so, im having problems with posting links and not working but it should be title how to do an upgrade/downgrade properly.
    09-22-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD