In the last couple of days I have had the experience that during a phone call the connection was interrupted when a text or email came through during the conversation.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an Altell problem or a Pearl problem? Any suggestions (other than disabling my internet connection during a conversation)?

besiderself
    07-16-08 09:36 AM
    In the last couple of days I have had the experience that during a phone call the connection was interrupted when a text or email came through during the conversation.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it an Altell problem or a Pearl problem? Any suggestions (other than disabling my internet connection during a conversation)?

besiderself
    I dont think that it is email that is interrupting the connection as your phone cannot use the data and phone at the same time. However your Text messages can still come though. If you go and edit your profiles for SMS at the bottom you will see notify me during calls. Change the option to no. Do this for all your profiles and see if that works for you.
    07-16-08 09:49 AM
    Well, perhaps that is actually what has happened, then, NDO...because one of the interruptions was caused by an email. So perhaps my connection is prioritizing emails over phone? Therefore it cuts off the phone connection to allow the emails to come in?

I'll try what you suggested, though, and see if it works.

besiderself
    07-16-08 09:58 AM
    I could be wrong but I am almost positive that the Bold will be the first phone that will be able to use data and phone at the same time. It could have been a text that interruped and once you disonnected the email came through as well. But I dont think its possible for an email to come through while on the phone. I know for sure that you are not able to send emails or send messages through BBM while on the phone. Change that setting and then make a phone call and try sending yourself an email from your PC while on the phone.
    07-16-08 10:04 AM
    Interesting. I checked the setting for notification during phone calls, and sure enough it was already set to "no".

Weird.

besiderself
    07-16-08 10:09 AM
    Well now I'm "besidemyself" lol. How is your signal strength? Is it set to no on all your profiles? I'm assuming you dont have wifi on your device as its an 8130 right? I would maybe call your provider and see if they have a solution as that shouldn't be happening. Maybe there is something wrong with your device.
    07-16-08 10:20 AM
    Signal strength is good. My battery was a little low when I started the first phone call this morning, but nothing to worry about...probably 80%.

Yes, my phone is an 8130 so no wifi to interfere. I think I will just see if this keeps up and if it does I'll call Alltel. There were two phone calls when this happened. Both phone calls were geographically long distance ones...from here in Central Texas to Phoenix and a different carrier, and one was on the same carrier to Kentucky. I have confirmed that both txt and email caused the disconnect.

besiderself
    07-16-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD