I might have missed the menu location, but is there any way to lengthen the amount if ring time?
    05-21-09 09:42 AM
    I believe if you call your carriers CS, they'll be able to lengthen it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:44 AM
    Do you mean before going to voice mail or the specific ring tone you are using?
    05-21-09 12:24 PM
    Before it goes to voice mail.
    05-21-09 02:02 PM
    That can only be done threw the carrier if even possible

05-21-09 02:06 PM
    So everyone's 8220 only rings for 15 seconds? I have a full song as my ringtones, and I can barely get it out of the holster before it goes to vm/missed call.
    05-21-09 02:49 PM
    Im not expecting it to play the whole song, but a full 30 seconds would be nice.
    05-21-09 02:49 PM
    So everyone's 8220 only rings for 15 seconds? I have a full song as my ringtones, and I can barely get it out of the holster before it goes to vm/missed call.
    That's really odd! On both my 8100 and 8900, they play the full 30 seconds before going to VM.

05-21-09 06:50 PM
    As JoeyMoose noted above, it seems the amount of time available to 'ring' is set by individual carriers. Some offer the ability to lengthen that time (either thru their Support or on the device itself), but many will not.

Pre- BB I had a old Motorola T720 which I had set to vibe 4x, then ring 4x (the max) before going to voicemail. Chances were pretty good I could get to the phone before it even rang. Tried the same with my BB (thru Rogers) and barely got thru 2x vibe and 1x ring before it went to voicemail.

Contacted Rogers and they will not adjust the time - one might suggest it is self-serving as it forces people to use their voicemail service. Similar reason is likely the case with most service providers.
    05-22-09 12:11 PM
    I just had this problem too. And I called Bell earlier today to see if there was a way to lengthen how long the phone rings before going to VM. Easy solution if you're a bell subscriber: simply dial *94 and the amount of rings you want it to do from 1 - 9.
    Ex *946
    You'll get a long beep and it's set!
    I knew you could do this with your home phone with Bell, but great that's it's possible with mobile too!
    05-22-09 02:30 PM
    I called TMO, and asked for Tech support, and they were able to lengthen my ring time to 30 seconds.
    05-22-09 10:47 PM
    As JoeyMoose noted above, it seems the amount of time available to 'ring' is set by individual carriers. Some offer the ability to lengthen that time (either thru their Support or on the device itself), but many will not.

Pre- BB I had a old Motorola T720 which I had set to vibe 4x, then ring 4x (the max) before going to voicemail. Chances were pretty good I could get to the phone before it even rang. Tried the same with my BB (thru Rogers) and barely got thru 2x vibe and 1x ring before it went to voicemail.

Contacted Rogers and they will not adjust the time - one might suggest it is self-serving as it forces people to use their voicemail service. Similar reason is likely the case with most service providers.
    Agree. I asked Rogers if there is any chance to lengthen the # of rings b4 it goes to voice mail. They said no. Very annoying after 4 rings it goes to voice mail already. Many times I miss a call because by the time I pick it up it went to voice mail.
    05-22-09 11:34 PM
    I called TMO, and asked for Tech support, and they were able to lengthen my ring time to 30 seconds.
    Nice to know this.... i will be calling tomorrrow
    05-22-09 11:35 PM
    T-Mobile uses the standard GSM Call Forwarding mechanism. You can easily discover the call forwarding phone number from your phone, then follow these directions from Wikipedia -> Call_forwarding:

For GSM networks such as T-Mobile, you can set the number of seconds before forwarding by inserting **XX prior to the final #, where XX is the number of seconds. For example, forward no-answer can be set with *61*[phone number]**[seconds]#. There may be a limit on some networks of 30 seconds.
    05-23-09 01:22 PM
    AT&T extended my ring time from the standard ring time of 20 seconds to the max of 30. Sprint has a SOC code that can be added that increases it to like 10 rings or something like that. Ask the BS oops I meant CS rep to add ALSRINGTIME.

06-06-09 07:59 PM
    I just tested mine and it is about 25 seconds before it goes to voice mail.

I also noticed that it might be 5 - 8 seconds before the phone even rings.

There have been times that the phone doesn't ring and all of the sudden I am getting a new voice mail notification. Thats gotta suck for that important phone call you don't want to miss.

25 seconds is good, but I will call and see if it can go to 30 seconds. That might alleviate the 5 seconds not ringing time... Every second counts right?

msblueline
    06-07-09 04:07 AM
    I had to add an update.

I called Cellular South and they increased my rings to 50 seconds, yep, that's right, 50 seconds...

They said that they can go up to 72 seconds... 72 seconds until voice mail picks up... WOW!

Just thought I would let you all know.

msblueline
    06-07-09 03:08 PM
    Holy crap!

06-07-09 07:56 PM
    Holy crap!

I noticed you are in Rhode Island. I used to live in Providence, a LONG time ago. (Like the blizzard of 1978)

How far is Westerly from there?

msblueline
    06-07-09 10:23 PM
    Pretty much anywhere in RI is only 45 minutes or less from anywhere in RI lol... so about 45 mins
    06-08-09 11:30 AM
    What about Verizon?
    11-07-09 10:19 PM
    What about Verizon?
    You would need to call verizon Tech support and ask them to increase your ring time, if they can.
    11-09-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD