I think this is probably the best free application available for blackberry.

I am not such a heavy user of e-mail and use SMS more, but i need to check my mails from time-to-time.
    Since I am not a subscriber of BES/BIS this was not possible, until I found this application.

Now I am able to check all my mails through wi-fi for free.

Try it out and tell me if you liked it.

OTA Download Link - http://logicmail.org/ota/
    12-27-08 06:31 AM
    I agreed. Great app. I am on BES, but its great to have an app to check other accounts that I dont wanted pushed to my device.
    12-27-08 09:37 AM
    Looks pretty good. Is there a way to download attachments to the media card? That would make it better than any other email client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 09:41 AM
    I tried it because BIS won't work with one of my pop accounts. Logicmail is OK but doesn't appear to have any filtering capabilities which makes finding the real mail among the SPAM difficult.

12-27-08 09:42 AM
    I think that it doesnt filter spam because it is meant for light users (people like me). Who dont receive much spam in their inbox.
    12-27-08 10:06 AM
    Standard users receive TONS of spam.... trust me.... its just that 99% of email servers (regardless of what kind of email server) filter so much of it out. Then the ones that do make it into your inbox get filtered manually by end user via webmail or your email client (ie. outlook, eudora, etc.)

Anywho, I'm going to look into this. Been looking for a while because I'm not fond of the email system blackberry's come with. It's not bad, I just don't like how it's so featureless, but it works flawlessly
    12-27-08 10:19 AM
    I think that it doesnt filter spam because it is meant for light users (people like me). Who dont receive much spam in their inbox.
    You're lucky I have my own domain and my own server (FreeBSD - the REAL free unix-like operating system). I use SpamAssassin to flag incoming SPAMS with "[SPAM]" prepended to the subject line so it's easy to filter. I don't need the e-mail program on the 'Berry to filter spams (as in to check content, etc), all I need it to do is simply ignore messages with "[SPAM]" in the subject. That's important because I will get 40 to 50 spams for every legitimate message I receive.
    12-27-08 05:03 PM
    this client is pretty genius, i do not need it at the moment since i do have the bb data plan so everything does work fine for me. However, this app is very useful and i will keep it around for reference.
    12-27-08 10:44 PM
    Awesome find, I need something like this because I won't be on a data plan but will be needing to check my email whenever I can

thanks
    12-28-08 12:49 AM
    I'm glad that you people are liking this application.
    You are most welcome.
    12-28-08 08:00 AM
    I has a complaint! It doesn't work for me unless I check 'override hostname'. Well there isn't a problem there. I don't mind checking it everytime I open the program but it keeps coming unchecked. So in order to delete a message I gotta check that box, delete the message. Then if iwant to delete another message, I gotta do that again. Anyone have that prob?

12-28-08 04:55 PM
    Nope....
    I dont have any problem like this....
    Which e-mail server are you using?
    12-29-08 12:31 AM
    Im using comcast
    12-29-08 01:04 AM
    Sorry i wont be able to help you on this.
    But i had seen the FAQ's on the logicmail website and they were very helpful to me.
    Try them out.
    12-29-08 01:09 AM
    I looked but didnt find anything relevant
    12-29-08 01:19 AM
    how do you set this up it is kind of difficult
    12-30-08 01:55 PM
    how do you set the email addresses up it is pretty difficult
    12-30-08 02:00 PM
    google for the mail settings for your email domain.....

Say your email is [email protected], go to google and type in "ismellbad.com mail settings"
    12-30-08 10:33 PM
    i found the instructions on the logicmail.com website to be very easy....

plus i have added my gmail account so gmail gave me all the information i required to setup my account....
    12-30-08 10:58 PM
    its hotmail and i cant find any info on it
    12-31-08 09:14 PM
    its hotmail and i cant find any info on it
    For hotmail, unfortunately, you'll need a premium account (paid) for pop3 access.
    12-31-08 09:44 PM
    Yep.... Hotmail doesnt support free pop mail..... As far as i remember coz i stopped using hotmail way back...
    01-01-09 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD