I was wondering if there was any way that you could lock a folder and leave others unlocked on the BB 8110.
    Thanks
    06-25-08 12:05 PM
    No. You lock the entire device. But before you dismiss that as too much hassle, consider this: your friends' and family's phone numbers and addresses are in your call logs and address book. If you lose an unprotected blackberry, some thief or worse will have all that personal information. Do you want to be responsible for that?

It's also a good idea to put a number to call in case found in your owner info field. That way, if somebody finds your locked bb, they can call you to return it. I lost mine in the Washington DC Metro. Because it was locked with a number to call if found, I had it back in four hours
    06-25-08 10:36 PM
    FileLock.rar

Your solution.

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 06-26-08 at 02:00 PM.
    06-26-08 01:57 PM
    I've seen you post that before, I remember it now, but I forgot when I was posting. I need to amend my text to say "using the native software."

Thanks for reminding me.
    06-26-08 02:03 PM
    No problemo bud.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:25 PM
    No problemo bud.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok Im a little stumped using the app. I understand that it is requiring a password when viewing files on the device. What I dont understand is that i can still get to my pictures using the media icon which I dont want anyone to be able to access. What should I do?
    06-26-08 09:48 PM
    Ok Im a little stumped using the app. I understand that it is requiring a password when viewing files on the device. What I dont understand is that i can still get to my pictures using the media icon which I dont want anyone to be able to access. What should I do?
    If you want to protect a certain folder you have to lock that folder.
    If you want to protect a folder within a folder, you will have to lock the inner folder...and then the outer folder too.

Sadly, whoever wrote the program didn't think to make it go more than one level deep.

Dm
    06-27-08 07:47 AM
    If you want to protect a certain folder you have to lock that folder.
    If you want to protect a folder within a folder, you will have to lock the inner folder...and then the outer folder too.

Sadly, whoever wrote the program didn't think to make it go more than one level deep.

Dm
    Ok I get that part but my question is how do you lock it? If I click lock and then come out of the program and then go back to the media files I can still view the pics without putting in a code.
    06-27-08 07:56 AM
    Thanks A lot DM
    06-27-08 08:29 PM
    Ok, here is what I discovered playing with this app. It seem that when you try to lock your locking not folders but in fact each of the files inside one by one. I put a picture inside a folder and selected to lock it. What it seems to be doing is adding the extension to ".lck" to the end of the file. Warning: if you rename the file FileLock will will not show it in the list.

When I try to view the file in Media>Pictures it doesn't show. If I explore to that folder the picture is listed but when selected I get the error that it's locked. It's annoying that you have to select yes to lock each file one at a time but it works. Just make sue the file extension says "lck". Hope this helps.
    06-27-08 10:51 PM
    Worked like a charm thanks to you and DM.
    06-28-08 07:51 AM
    I am attempting to install this app on my BB Pearl (Verizon). The desktop manager keeps telling me that there are no additional apps for my device. Can anyone help?????
    08-23-08 03:30 PM
    That means you don't have the OS for your device installed on your PC. The Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig will walk you through that, plus help you free up memory that you're going to need. It's well worth your time to do it now, before you start having low memory problems, plus you need the OS installed for what you're try to do anyway.
    08-23-08 04:38 PM
    Thanks a lot!!! That did the job!!!!
    08-23-08 06:06 PM
    FileLock.rar

Your solution.

Dm
    Thanks. Worked the first time I tried it.
    11-02-08 08:23 AM
    While im sure everyone appreciates this answer... There are almost always more reasons why people ask questions about specific topics. I also would like to lock only one folder on my blackberry. I dont care about people seeing my contacts, files, etc. I just dont want my girlfriend to see certain things on my phone. Its not that Im cheating or doing something wrong, its just that i store phone numbers of female friends in a safe place where she cant find them, become jealous and start a fight. I a faithful guy but I do have female friends. I REALLY dont need any relationship advise either.. but thanks to everyone thats dying to reply to this post with some relationship advise. Either way, i just wanted to point out that sometimes people just want answers to the specific questions they ask for there own reasons, instead of a lecture about why, for instance, its better to lock your entire phone instead of just one app. Thanks

No. You lock the entire device. But before you dismiss that as too much hassle, consider this: your friends' and family's phone numbers and addresses are in your call logs and address book. If you lose an unprotected blackberry, some thief or worse will have all that personal information. Do you want to be responsible for that?

It's also a good idea to put a number to call in case found in your owner info field. That way, if somebody finds your locked bb, they can call you to return it. I lost mine in the Washington DC Metro. Because it was locked with a number to call if found, I had it back in four hours
    09-12-09 02:20 PM
    While im sure everyone appreciates this answer... There are almost always more reasons why people ask questions about specific topics. I also would like to lock only one folder on my blackberry. I dont care about people seeing my contacts, files, etc. I just dont want my girlfriend to see certain things on my phone. Its not that Im cheating or doing something wrong, its just that i store phone numbers of female friends in a safe place where she cant find them, become jealous and start a fight. I a faithful guy but I do have female friends. I REALLY dont need any relationship advise either.. but thanks to everyone thats dying to reply to this post with some relationship advise. Either way, i just wanted to point out that sometimes people just want answers to the specific questions they ask for there own reasons, instead of a lecture about why, for instance, its better to lock your entire phone instead of just one app. Thanks
    Hello check out "Secure My Apps". With this app you can lock folders,emails,etc of your choice.
    07-11-11 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD