it is typing the password in multitap instead of suretype method. i only use my phone in suretype. i know my password in suretype (what keys to hit before enter), but don't know the actually letters it chooses, so now that the phone has locked in multitap mode, i'm SOL it seems. any ideas? maybe if someone else with a pearl can type in my password and tell me what letters come up?

the keys i type are ufaeeeal please let me know what your phone says when you type in those letters. no #s. thanks!

also, not sure if this may be a factor, but there is no way to switch caps off in the upper right. i've rebooted multiple times. BUT, it isn't typing my password in caps (i'm on my 10th attempt now too).
    10-19-10 11:15 AM
    To switch the caps off, try clicking the "shift" button two times in a row. That should clear the caps-lock. Another way that sometimes works is to hold the "shift" key down and just move the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 01:35 PM
    neither work, but thanks for replying. do you have a pearl?
    please type ufaeeeal and tell me what letters come up
    thanks
    10-19-10 02:10 PM
    Running an 8100 here.

I get "ifsereal" typing that in SureType mode. Tried it several times too.

Don't know what to tell you about the caps issue. Pressing the shift and then the green phone key is what locks the caps in the first place (then you have to back out of the call log screen to continue).

To switch between multi-tap and SureType, the only way I know is to click the menu button, sometimes twice, end select which one you want to enable.

Do you know what OS you are running? If you have an older OS version, before 4.2.1, holding down the * key for a few seconds used to switch input modes. I'm running 4.5, and all it does now is pull up the symbols page no matter how long I hold it down.

Sorry if I'm still not any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 03:33 PM
    it is typing the password in multitap instead of suretype method. i only use my phone in suretype. i know my password in suretype (what keys to hit before enter), but don't know the actually letters it chooses, so now that the phone has locked in multitap mode, i'm SOL it seems. any ideas? maybe if someone else with a pearl can type in my password and tell me what letters come up?

the keys i type are ufaeeeal please let me know what your phone says when you type in those letters. no #s. thanks!

also, not sure if this may be a factor, but there is no way to switch caps off in the upper right. i've rebooted multiple times. BUT, it isn't typing my password in caps (i'm on my 10th attempt now too).
    Press the BB key, scroll down and change it back to SureType. Then enter your password.
    10-20-10 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD