i have a 8100 and have two media cards for it ,one of them came from my old 8100, when i try to turn on the mass media in advanced options i have a little red lock next to the off,when i push the options button the only choice i have is to"save"
    i have took the battery out put it back in but no option either to turn mass media on when it reboots
    has anybody out there got a clue what to do ?
    03-01-09 11:00 AM
    Is your 8100 an employer-provided phone, or if it's your phone, do you use it on your employer's network? The little red padlock icon normally means the feature or function is locked by an IT Policy, which is a security feature of BES phones. If the answer to either of my questions is Yes, then an IT policy is preventing you from using a Media Card. That's a fairly common Policy, since Media Cards could be used to store files that your employer would not want you to take away.

If the answer to both questions is NO, and if the new card works but the old one doesn't, then the old card was most likely password protected and locked to be used in only the original 8100. You can read all about that in the 8100 Users Guide.
    03-01-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD