I'm satisfied with the general phone performance of my 8220 which I've used for 3 years, and learning the features and processes for a new phone are less than appealing. My fat fingers make switching to available BBs with a full querty impractical. But the browser is slow and new apps are virtually non existent for this 4.6 OS. Anything other than getting my email is tedious and unrewarding. I'm thinking of getting a BB Playbook to run through my phone's BB data plan (tmobile) using the micro USB. Has anyone tried this or know of a reason why it wont work? This seems like the perfect pairing for me.
    12-31-11 11:17 AM
    You need to use the BlackBerry Bridge to connect the PlayBook to a BlackBerry phone via Bluetooth.

In order to use BlackBerry Bridge, you must have OS version 5.0 or later on your BlackBerry phone.
    12-31-11 12:08 PM
    Correct, OS 5 is a minimum requirement. You might try and find an inexpensive replacement device on the used market.
    12-31-11 01:11 PM
    There is no OS 5 for the 8220, so a different device would be required to bridge to a Playbook.
    12-31-11 01:14 PM
    I had a pearl flip once nice phone but like the others said you need a phone with OS 5 or later... I'm sure you can find a cheap on somewhere. If you own a BB Smartphone and a PlayBook but not able to bridge the two because of OS insufficiency, you're kinda missing out!
    12-31-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD