Hi I currently am a proud user of an 8700c but am getting tired of the bulkiness of the device. Like the compact size of the pearl but I am hesitant to switch from full keyboard style. Any words of wisdom to make my decision to switch a little easier? Much appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 09:54 PM
    Suretype isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I got a pearl just based on the size. It has all the capabilities of the other BBs and the size of the device is great. I'd say do it.
    06-16-08 09:56 PM
    The pearl is wicked, I am actually thinking of getting a curve though! lol Just because I want the full keyboard and the bigger screen....but the pearl is a great small phone with alot of POWER! lol
    06-16-08 09:59 PM
    I prefer the Curve for the qwerty keyboard and the phone itself isnt really that big, but the pearl is a good phone too....maybe flip a coin?
    06-16-08 10:03 PM
    Since I have no experience with BBs other than my 8330 I can't say much. But what I can say is that all non smartphones io have had with multitap and/or predictive text entry it bothered me when on occation it didn't write the word I wanted. And multitaping to type words take longer than I desire to type out even short amounts. So to me getting a device without a qwerty wasn't an option. I think the curve is a comfortable size. I don't know how the different models compare in size but if you can find a local store with a good selection of BBs you can put them next to each other and see what one will feel the best for you.
    06-17-08 02:53 PM
    Thanks all for taking the time to help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 04:27 PM
    The Pearl is a great device. Compact, yet gets the job done. The only "negative" thing I have heard is that it is relatively difficult to go from qwerty to SureType. On the flip side, I've heard it's super easy to go from SureType to qwerty. I had no problem getting used to the SureType on my old Pearl, but I had never used a full qwerty keyboard before. Then when I switched to my Curve, I learned I loooooved the qwerty feature much more! It's all personal preference...

I would go play around with one in the store before making any final decisions.
    06-17-08 04:31 PM
    I have owned nothing but qwerty keyboard phones, and I was using a co-workers pearl the other night and hated every keystroke. For me the screen was small, and I did not like the SureType.
    06-17-08 05:13 PM
    I don't think suretype is that bad. It took me less than a day to get used to it. I absolutely love my pearl...although I'm really giving thought to grabbing a Bold when it come out!
    06-17-08 05:43 PM
    SureType is great providing you give it a little bit of time. For the most part it'll allow you to just type away on it like a you would on a full QWERTY keyboard. I went from a RAZR2 to the Pearl, so I can't really comment on how easy or hard the transition from full keyboard to SureType would be, but it was definately easy going from a regular phonepad to SureType. I picked up the 8130 for it's phone-like form factor yet maintaining all the Blackberry goodness RIM is known for. If you must have the larger screen and QWERTY, then consider the Curve - it is wider than the Pearl but still a fairly comfortable size. Head to the store and play with both - good luck!
    06-17-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD