Hello all. Brand new member to the crackberry forums, and brand new Blackberry user. Just got an 8130 Pearl a couple weeks ago, still learning how to use it all.

One thing i'm trying to do is setup my device to sync better, mainly with my Google Calendars. Right now i'm using Google's Calendar Sync to sync my Calendar with Outlook, then when I plug in my BB, it syncs everything through Outlook. This works fine for me. I like having all my contacts/events in Outlook/BB/Google Calendars.

The one question I do have, is there a way so that my BB will automatically sync once I plug the device in. Right now I plug in the BB, then launch the Desktop Manager, which then syncs everything. Since it's setup to sync as soon as the Manger is launched, all I need is a way to launch that manager when I plug it in.

or

Is there a better way to do this? Right now i'm only syncing my calendars through outlook. Don't do very many changes on my address book or memopad, so not worrying about those.

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to being a member.
    09-02-08 04:18 AM
    I'm not sure that automatically synching as soon as you plug in your device is a good idea. There are several reasons to plug in that don't involve synching: making a backup, restoring a backup, or using Mass Storage Mode. My opinion may be biased by being a BES user, with OTA synching.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    09-02-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD