I found this on while browsing around for an update to my friend's 8320.
    It's from AVEA and it looks like its an updated version of the 8220's software...

Software For BlackBerry� Pearl Flip (TM) 8220 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.520 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.520
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.305
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.100
    * File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel520_PL4.1.0.100_A4.6.0.305_AVEA. exe
    * File size: 88.79MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...F22A6C2A830A17

For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will be tonight!
    Last edited by Garz; 10-15-09 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add install instructions
    10-13-09 06:16 PM
    Quick update... loaded it up and all seems well. Seems quick with little lag. Granted I've only had it back up for a few minutes, so things could change later on. So far so good!!
    10-13-09 08:29 PM
    Of course new OS' come out for both of my devices after I no longer have internet on my PC.
    You should contact a mod to change the title of this to the "Newest OS 4.6.0.305 for the 8220" and have it stuck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 09:23 PM
    Quick update... loaded it up and all seems well. Seems quick with little lag. Granted I've only had it back up for a few minutes, so things could change later on. So far so good!!
    downloading and installing this !!!! we will see!
    10-14-09 12:37 AM
    Hmmm it has the same platform as .293 good find though. Thanks.
    10-14-09 12:43 AM
    do i have to erase something like "myfavs" from this one?
    10-14-09 06:49 AM
    I erased the "myfavs" cod from it before installing. I don't use myfavs, so it's pointless for me to have it. And how do I contact the mods to change and sticky this? This is the first time I ever stumbled across a new OS!
    10-14-09 09:21 AM
    can you remind me wich are the files to erase? thx.
    10-14-09 10:07 AM
    I kept me fav just to give it a test and so far no issues while sms or mms but ill keep you posted. The version is in fact smoother that 278 which is the one I came from and I'm loving the little to none thinking time icon while doing comon stuff. Great find thanks!
    DK
    10-14-09 11:14 AM
    can you remind me wich are the files to erase? thx.
    If I remember right, it is the "net_rim_tmo_five.cod" file located in the Java folder of the OS folder. There are few threads that talk about it, but it's fairly easy to do.

It's been almost a whole day and I have had not issues thus far. So far, a great OS!
    10-14-09 12:53 PM
    cant wait to upgrade tonight!
    10-14-09 01:16 PM
    Runs great, no noticeable improvement over .278.

When I was gutting the fav five cod file, I noticed a new theme I don't recall seeing in .278: net_rim_theme_att_zen_240x320_b.cod . Could it be an AT&T branded Zen? I know there's an XML file somewhere in the OS install that you can doctor up to get all the OS themes onto the phone, but I didn't want to go through the hassle.

I got App Error 523 the first few times I tried to sync with Outlook after updating. DM got as far as processing the first dozen or so address book entries then the progress stopped. When I opened the phone, it showed the dreaded App Error 523, indicating a linkage problem between the Java libraries on the phone. I reset the phone and retried the sync; I did that a few times. I kept getting the same error. This was during my train commute, with my laptop on batteries. Battery pulls did not solve the problem.

When I got to the office, I plugged in my laptop and hooked the phone up by USB. It sync'd no problem. I also sync'd over Bluetooth a moment ago with no errors whatsoever.
    10-14-09 02:08 PM
    I erased the "myfavs" cod from it before installing. I don't use myfavs, so it's pointless for me to have it. And how do I contact the mods to change and sticky this? This is the first time I ever stumbled across a new OS!
    A few mods I can name off the top of my head are amazinglygraceless, pkcable, Reed McLay, Branta. Send a PM to one of them with the link to this thread and asking them to change the title & sticky it.

10-14-09 05:11 PM
    A few mods I can name off the top of my head are amazinglygraceless, pkcable, Reed McLay, Branta. Send a PM to one of them with the link to this thread and asking them to change the title & sticky it.

I've sent a PM to a mod to have the title fixed and thread stuck!
    10-14-09 05:38 PM
    Anybody know how to get this some front page love? Little less tour OS update news and more flip!

10-14-09 09:00 PM
    I installed this new version and i think the clicks are faster. See you brothers in tech.
    10-14-09 09:27 PM
    I just installed the OS as DemonKnight did and tried SMS and it locked up. For those of you on T-Mo, delete the cod file just to be safe.
    10-14-09 11:55 PM
    I just installed the OS as DemonKnight did and tried SMS and it locked up. For those of you on T-Mo, delete the cod file just to be safe.
    well yeah my test is over...recomend to remove it...i did not lock up but theres this facebook bug and i guess its because some of my favs are also on fb( maybe?) that deletes all the items on your facebook at random... removed fav 5 and all working great... i feel it more responsive on the clicking apps side and going back..not sure if its me but the browser seems a bit faster and my only complaint would be that the picture gallery is slower to load the thumbnails or maybe its just that i have now so many on it its slowing it down...not sure on that. but great OS recommend Updating to it.
    10-15-09 10:03 AM
    well yeah my test is over...recomend to remove it...i did not lock up but theres this facebook bug and i guess its because some of my favs are also on fb( maybe?) that deletes all the items on your facebook at random... removed fav 5 and all working great... i feel it more responsive on the clicking apps side and going back..not sure if its me but the browser seems a bit faster and my only complaint would be that the picture gallery is slower to load the thumbnails or maybe its just that i have now so many on it its slowing it down...not sure on that. but great OS recommend Updating to it.
    Did you backup your BB before updating, or you just updated?

10-15-09 10:23 AM
    edited thread title and stuck thread
    10-15-09 10:57 AM
    Did you backup your BB before updating, or you just updated?

Well apploader always makes a backup of the stuff you have in prior to updating so yes.
    10-15-09 11:39 AM
    what are "myfavs"?? I have update my phone couple of times but never hear about that, maybe because of living on my own world... LOL xd
    10-15-09 08:04 PM
    what are "myfavs"?? I have update my phone couple of times but never hear about that, maybe because of living on my own world... LOL xd
    Are you kidding or being real lol!

10-15-09 08:22 PM
    Are you kidding or being real lol!

totally real dude D: hahah
    10-15-09 08:27 PM
    totally real dude D: hahah
    My fav's, not quite sure, I think it is a service where you can call your fav people for free.

10-15-09 09:20 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD