BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2647 (All Languages)
    Package Version: 6.0.0.2647
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.600
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.223
    File name: 9100_9105itutAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2647_PL6.6.0.223_ A6.0.0.600.exe
    File size: 181.00MB

Download from Vodafone

or

FileServe
    Last edited by rroyy; 07-07-11 at 07:06 AM.
    07-07-11 05:58 AM
    Wiping, downloading and installing now
    07-07-11 10:25 AM
    According to the download its 173MBs? Just downloading as we speak
    07-07-11 10:38 AM
    It seems pretty smooth. The bug I had with my SIM menu didn't show up yet, I'll keep you posted about batterylife.
    07-07-11 02:18 PM
    I don't know what happened... I didn't see the firmware download is complete --> 100%.. However, while installing it in my computer, no error message occured and the installation was successful.. After deleting the "vendor" I connected my phone to start the update.. 'Twas successful, though I needed to reboot my phone 'coz 'twas slow.. Yep, the bug I had with my SIM menu didn't show up too..

Even though the update was successful, I'm still thinking why the firmware download box did not show 'twas 100% completed (I hope there's no missing files in the firmware!)... Anyhow, as long as my phone works perfectly, it's ok.. I guess..

Thanks for this info btw!
    God speed
    07-08-11 04:37 AM
    I was wondering when we shrink an OS with BB Boss which files can we leave out that wont affect the functioning of the phone. Anybody with a heads up please inform me about the same. Thanks
    07-08-11 01:40 PM
    Can we have a real review of this OS. esp memory after installation and mem management.
    07-09-11 09:48 PM
    Ok, my phone is very slow now! Battery drains fast and it overheats a little.. Desktop manager is now taking some time to connect with my phone, sometimes it won't connect at all even after rebooting my computer and my phone!!! What is more, the factory reset and app loader did not work to resolve the problem!!! Even though I was able to go back with the previous OS version, I still got the same problems!!.. I reinstalled this new OS twice after removing all previous OS versions and all mentioned problems didn't seem to go away!!! What's with this new firmware???!!! I need help now...
    Last edited by radlopez; 07-10-11 at 12:45 AM.
    07-10-11 12:41 AM
    hmmm just now my backlight suddenly increased..... don't know why. and felt like the battery drained faster compared to .570
    07-10-11 06:04 AM
    hey guys, did you have other issues?

I only got 2 so far :
    - battery seemed to drain faster compared to .570... .570 was pretty stable I think
    - backlight suddenly increased don't know why

will downgrade to .570 if problem persists
    07-10-11 06:06 AM
    noticing memory leak within 24 hours after installation. previous ones wernt that bad when i first installed them. ill give it about a few days at least to report my findings.
    07-20-11 05:24 AM
    any update on this..

thanks
    07-24-11 10:20 PM
    My phone works perfectly fine now after several tries... I found out that you have to uninstall all previous OS versions before you do the upgrade.. Back-up files are not necessary as it costs problems once you install them again.

So basically, before you upgrade the OS, you'll need to sacrifice! LOL.. Seriously, I performed factory reset using the app loader to clean whatever system files from the previous OS that have caused me problems (NOTE: Before performing factory reset, make sure that there's no BB OS installed in your PC).. From there, I was able to install the OS successfuly without the issues I have mentioned here...

Again, from my experience, Back-up files are not necessary for this new OS... It will be like a new phone with nothing in it... Oh I forgot!!! You can have all your contacts, phone calls history and messages back - that's it...

All in all, using this new OS is fantastic..

Good luck!
    07-25-11 12:41 AM
    Any further detail you can provide on how you did this would be great and much appreciated!

My phone works perfectly fine now after several tries... I found out that you have to uninstall all previous OS versions before you do the upgrade.. Back-up files are not necessary as it costs problems once you install them again.

So basically, before you upgrade the OS, you'll need to sacrifice! LOL.. Seriously, I performed factory reset using the app loader to clean whatever system files from the previous OS that have caused me problems (NOTE: Before performing factory reset, make sure that there's no BB OS installed in your PC).. From there, I was able to install the OS successfuly without the issues I have mentioned here...

Again, from my experience, Back-up files are not necessary for this new OS... It will be like a new phone with nothing in it... Oh I forgot!!! You can have all your contacts, phone calls history and messages back - that's it...

Good luck!
    07-26-11 03:25 PM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform your first batt pull very soon after the OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    pixieloulou and gt4steve like this.
    07-28-11 02:20 PM
    Any further detail you can provide on how you did this would be great and much appreciated!
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

Follow my guide in Post #15 at the end of Page 1, and everything should go smoothly for you.
    07-28-11 02:24 PM

First off, I'd like to commend you for taking the time to write a lengthy post on your findings.
    It's great you've got everything running to your liking now.

Unfortunately, some of your info is incorrect and I would strongly recommend others do NOT follow your advice.

Previous OS's on your PC are irrelevant. You probably don't need them, nor do you need to uninstall them. Only exception is if you want to downgrade OS, you might have an issue doing so with a higher version still on your PC.

Telling people they don't need to back-up their info, use backup files, etc, is horrible advice.
    When you use Loader to load a new OS to your BB, it wipes your device during the process. The only time when a separate wipe might be a good idea is if you're experiencing fatal errors. (i.e. the WSOD - "White Screen of Death")
    When you do so, you would still make a Backup with DM first, wipe the device (I'd recommend wiping with 3rd party desktop app like BBMCP, BBSAK, or others), load the OS using Loader, then using DM to restore your data.

Most problems are caused by OS being somehow corrupted. So if you were going to wipe & reload OS, you should first uninstall the OS from your PC and re-download it.
    You install OS from PC using Control Panel. In Programs and Features, highlight the OS and select Uninstall at top of list. Then find the original .exe file you downloaded, highlight it, hold down shift and press delete. Now you're ready to re-DL an OS and start again.

Consult my OS upgrade guide which I just left in Post #15 at the bottom of Page 1.

I'm not saying you didn't fix your problems. Obviously you can tell you did! But not all the measures you took were needed to do so.
    These Forums contain an incredible knowledge base. Take advantage of this fantastic resource by searching the Forums and reading. It's doubtful you're the first to deal with any issue you encounter.
    07-28-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD