Software For BlackBerry� Pearl� 3G smartphone (model: 9100)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2343 (Asia)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2343
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.526
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.195
    File name: 9100_9105Asia_PBr6.0.0_rel2343_PL6.6.0.195_A6.0.0. 526_Rogers_Wireless_Inc.exe
    File size: 147.91MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

----------------

Rogers Wireless Inc. Software Download Page
    04-26-11 08:10 PM
    Software For BlackBerry� Pearl� 3G smartphone (model: 9100)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2343 (Asia)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2343
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.526
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.195
    File name: 9100_9105Asia_PBr6.0.0_rel2343_PL6.6.0.195_A6.0.0. 526_Rogers_Wireless_Inc.exe
    File size: 147.91MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

----------------

Rogers Wireless Inc. Software Download Page

Can i install this on my Pearl 3G 9105??
    04-27-11 04:04 AM
    Can i install this on my Pearl 3G 9105??
    yes you can.
    NBaker20 likes this.
    04-27-11 06:03 AM
    they only have asia and not multilingual? would that make any difference? i cant wait to dl this onto my phone
    04-27-11 10:26 AM
    How to install the latest BB OS6 on BB9100 which is on WindMobile? I tried deleting the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml file but failed to load the os to the device. I tired by the BB Desktop Manager for update the device then i got this message "This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service" .

Then i tried to load the os with the loader.exe from the same folder as vendor.xml. This time it just set everything to default settings (os5).

Could somebody explain me how to upgrade it to OS 6, step by step?

Thanks
    04-27-11 11:02 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    04-27-11 01:54 PM
    they only have asia and not multilingual? would that make any difference? i cant wait to dl this onto my phone
    The names of some of the language packs can be a little misleading. Asia is a Multilanguage pack that also includes the Asian languages.

Some languages, like English, are in every language pack, no matter what.

What language did you want?
    04-27-11 01:58 PM
    Just wanna make sure If this work for 9105 version. Any Idea ?
    04-27-11 07:48 PM
    Have loaded it on my 9105 and it is working smoothly, so Sayote you can go ahead and install it. Be sure to use elite1's step by step procedure to do the same if you do not know to do it yourself. I chose to install only English(UK) and leave out the other languages to save up the space.
    sayote likes this.
    04-28-11 01:49 AM
    Have loaded it on my 9105 and it is working smoothly, so Sayote you can go ahead and install it. Be sure to use elite1's step by step procedure to do the same if you do not know to do it yourself. I chose to install only English(UK) and leave out the other languages to save up the space.
    Thanks for your quick response.
    04-28-11 06:32 AM
    Dutch is not included
    04-28-11 07:37 AM
    Dutch is not included
    If you search the Forums, you'll find threads on adding languages not includd with your OS. Seems like most of thos threads deal with adding Asian languages or Arabic, but the principle is the same. You would need to DL another OS that did include Dutch, unless you can find someone that's uploaded a language pack with it already.

It sounds like more work than it is. It's not all that hard.
    04-28-11 01:27 PM
    This one fixed the bug I found when taking a picture with a flash via BBM.

Will give it a few days to see what it does to the memory though. All in all seems smoother than .481 which was already great for me.
    04-28-11 03:55 PM
    this official os for rogers is really smooth... been using it for a week now and there is no lag and everything is running smoothly.. for everyone who have a pearl 3g and wanna use os6 this is the best sofware update..
    05-01-11 12:08 PM
    My 9100 is Rogers unlocked, but I'm with Fido sim.
    After this update, I can't find Fido Network anymore, it only show Rogers 2g/3g and telus and bell.....what happened?
    Did I lock it?
    what should i do?!??!

Thanks guys~~
    05-04-11 11:37 AM
    My 9100 is Rogers unlocked, but I'm with Fido sim.
    After this update, I can't find Fido Network anymore, it only show Rogers 2g/3g and telus and bell.....what happened?
    Did I lock it?
    what should i do?!??!
    So you have a Fido SIM and you have an active BlackBerry-specific data plan with Fido?

If so, you need to perform a Register Now.
    1. Open the Options app (wrench icon)
    2. Start typing "host" and select Host Routing Table
    3. Click MENU (BB logo key) and select Register Now
    4. You will 1-2 messages from RIM and/or your carrier
    5. Wait for 15-20 minutes, then perform a battery pull
    05-05-11 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD