Kurtla,

What is the latest and greatest OS that you are using on your Pearl 3G? Also, is the UMA working without any glitches? Would you be kind enough to share a link to the latest OS that you have had success with and have not lost any function(s). Just a reminder...Just purchased a Cincinnati Bell 9100 but using on T-Mobile network. Not sure if that changes anything or not. Thanks in advance for all your help on this forum.

aholmez
    11-22-10 08:01 AM
    Hi, good morning -- I am using .884 and its flawless. np @ UMA, just follow my post. if you want full function stay away from the v6 beta. let me know if you have any questions

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D6718EE95A68FF
    Last edited by kurtla; 11-22-10 at 10:36 AM.
    11-22-10 10:22 AM
    Thanks Kurtla,

Might be calling on you to guide me through. Should be getting today or tomorrow. Thanks again in advance.

Install for dummies....
    Step 1 - Need to Unlock Phone....(Correct)
    Step 2 - Already have DM 6.0 on computer
    "Delete Old Handheld software for 8120"
    Step 3 - Download .884
    Step 4 - Execute .884 (Do I delete vendor.xlm file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader before or after I execute)

Step 5 - Am I missing anything here...
    Step 6 - " " " "
    Step 7 - " " " "
    Step 8 - Should I delete service books so I get fresh tmobile service books.
    Step 9 - Install certificates for UMA to work.
    Last edited by aholmez; 11-23-10 at 09:03 AM.
    11-23-10 09:01 AM
    aholmez you know you can send PMs right?

Also you are able to search the forums for threads on your questions.

good luck!
    11-23-10 09:03 AM
    and you know I ignore pm's right? lol. better to post so maybe others can benefit, I dont have the time for much of this. cannot help you on dm6, its crap but you del the vendor file first. dont delete any service books. read and follow the steps and if you have ?'s pm fubaz heh
    11-23-10 10:39 AM
    Got my 9100 yesterday and followed your instructions to the nth degree and sure enough I have 3G and UMA working flawlessly! Can't Thank You enough. Love Love Love the 9100. It is like a dream come true for the Loyal Pearl user. By the way, I am using .882. I did it OTA under advanced options>wireless update. Knock on wood, it is working like a charm. Do you think RIM will release a 9100 with 512mb, 5 mp cam and 0S 6. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving.
    11-24-10 10:37 PM
    well that is good news, thanks for following the instructions and not being a pain in the a$$, lol. no really, I am glad you got it going and like it, pretty sharp little device. that would be great if they would but I am good with this the way it is. how did you end up getting it if you dont mind my asking
    11-24-10 11:29 PM
    using the latest leaked .344 OS6, few bugs but.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 11:59 PM
    but...
    you are in the wrong thread
    you are in the wrong forum
    you have more time than sense
    lol
    11-25-10 07:02 AM
    Guy off of eBay. Paid a premium but well worth it. Don't know how I have put up with the 8120 for so long. In the spirit of the previous poster are you ever going to put os 6 on the 9100? Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-25-10 07:34 AM
    yeah, I see that they are starting to pop up there. good. yeah, the 8120 is a pos. re v6, zero interest I have used it on the 9800 and I like a few of the subtle features but not enough to take a performance hit and less memory. my device is blazing fast, I have it stripped down to only what I use. except for getting a restaurant phone # or walking directions or catching up on news eating a dog I don't really use the net on it much, as I said before I have txtforward, berryweather and google mobile apps, period. its a business device for me, nothing more. if you cats want to be beta testers have @ it, I test enough microsoft products just using them throughout the day to have my fill.
    Last edited by kurtla; 11-25-10 at 11:03 AM.
    11-25-10 09:01 AM
    Kurtla....Have you heard of any of the 9100's having issues with the reverse/back media button not working due to software. The forward/stop/Mute media buttons works perfect but the back button does not work at all. Could this be software related or Hardware Only. Seems strange since there are no other issues except this button. By the way, I am running the Cincinnati Bell v5.0.0.882 Unlocked. Thanks in advance. Love the Pearl 3G even with this glitch. Have not had a spinning hour glass since I received the phone. Amazing, since I have dealt with a Spinning hour glass for the last year and a half. Thanks in advance and thanks so much for all your knowledge you have given to us on this forum.
    12-10-10 11:48 AM
    hey - no I have not - to be honest mine does not work that hot only because I dropped the unit soon after I got it and the outside metal is rubbing against the rocker button but it still works so I never fixed it. I am still on .884. not sure if its hw or sw, can you feel the rocker engage @ all. don't know if that is enough reason to update the os, seems pretty minor to me. glad you like the phone, I never give mine that much though so I suppose that is a good thing
    12-10-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD