New to this, just got my pearl today and already can't put it down. Never had a smart phone much more a blackberry, so its a whole new ballgame..

On my home screen I have my yahoo email icon and messages icon. I know I can chose to separate the email/sms text messages within the messages, but I want the sms text messages to be what shows up first when I select this icon. I have the yahoo email icon on the home screen so I don't need them in my messages and I definately text more than anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    05-20-09 08:31 PM
    Have you separated them? I have 4 icons- 3 you can see and 1 hidden. The 3 you see are yahoo, Comcast, and SMS msgs. The 4th is tha messages folder that is hidden. It is attached to all of my mail and doesn't hold anything in it once I have read it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:20 AM
    As far as I know there isn't a "mailbox" for your SMS text messages, but what you can do is filter your main mailbox (which will have all messages, SMS texts, BlackBerry Messenger responses, and your sent messages if you have it set up that way). If you open your main mailbox and press Alt + S (Alt is the key in the bottom left of the keypad with the arrows on it) and it will show you just the SMS text messages.

I don't think there is a way to open your mailbox directly to SMS messages unfortunately, but this hopefully helps!
    05-21-09 10:47 AM
    Go into your messages folder, click the blackberry button and scroll to Options.

From there, go to general options. Scroll down to where it says SMS and Email Inboxes and change it to Separate. Then you'll have 1 Messages icon for Email and PIN messages, and a separate icon for SMS.
    05-21-09 11:07 AM
    If you have them separate and you only want to see the SMS folder (because you use Yahoo Mail), just hide the Messages icon and leave the SMS icon visible.
    05-21-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD