Is it possible to text too much and have it mess up the functionality of the keypad? Mine seems to be getting more and more messed up by the day and it's getting frustrating. How can I fix it? The sensitivity is waning and it's often not even registering that I hit a number/letter unless I do it 2 or 3 times.
    09-25-09 01:17 PM
    How long have you had the device? Are you sure is the keypad and not the buttons inside, if you have warranty or insurance I suggest replacing if you don't open the phone and clean the keypad
    09-25-09 01:22 PM
    I'm assuming you have performed your regular battery pulls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 01:30 PM
    I pull the battery quite often. Sometimes just because I'm too lazy to close all my apps, haha. I've had the phone for about a year. I don't trust myself to open the phone up and clean it, plus I read that voids the warranty. I'd hate to replace the phone, I've got app scores that I want to keep. Can I take it to my provider and have them open it up and clean it?
    09-25-09 01:38 PM
    I pull the battery quite often. Sometimes just because I'm too lazy to close all my apps, haha. I've had the phone for about a year. I don't trust myself to open the phone up and clean it, plus I read that voids the warranty. I'd hate to replace the phone, I've got app scores that I want to keep. Can I take it to my provider and have them open it up and clean it?
    They would have to send it out to get clean don't think they do it in store .. In the how to I believe there is step by step on how to do it on your own ... I believe the same thing your keypad is just dirty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the help. I guess I'll read the How To so I can fix it myself.
    09-25-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the help. I guess I'll read the How To so I can fix it myself.
    just be carefull and follow the steps fully, can save yourself some cost that way
    09-25-09 08:47 PM
    If you type like a fiend, as I do, you need to replace your keypad membrane. If it's still under warranty, have the device replaced. Otherwise, here's what you need:

Here's the link to what I recommend:

And here's a great place to see a video on disassembly:

09-25-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD