I just got my Blackberry 8130 about a month ago, and I've been having some problems with the keypad and haven't been able to find help either from the instructional CD or Verizon. So, hopefully you can help me.

The first issue is, whenever I lock the keypad, I can't unlock it unless I place an emergency phone call, which is ridiculous. How do I unlock the keypad?

The second issue is, for an inexplicable reason, I can't dail any phone numbers when I'm on the home screen. I have to add the number to the address book, then go into the address book and place the call from there. What's up with that and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your time.
    05-12-08 06:35 PM
    To unlock the keypad you hit * then the green call button it will unlock the keypad as far as I know I can dial from the home screen unless the sprint one is different than the verizon one...
    05-12-08 06:50 PM
    Hm. Well, thanks for your input. I guess I'll have to contact the manufacturer.
    05-12-08 08:18 PM
    Read your manual, sounds like you are complicating things. A good overview will get you in the right direction.
    05-12-08 08:32 PM
    Actually it sounds to me like you might have a defective device...

When your keypad is locked and you can see the "Emergency Call" option you should also see the "Unlock" or "Cancel" buttons!!!

Also, if you are on the home screen and you are pushing numbers which aren't dialing then it's a defective phone!

It would be hard for you to screw that up - even as a newbie!!!

If I were you, I would certainly return to your carrier and ask for assistance or a replacement.

Please let us know how this turns out!!
    05-12-08 09:40 PM

The second issue is, for an inexplicable reason, I can't dail any phone numbers when I'm on the home screen. I have to add the number to the address book, then go into the address book and place the call from there. What's up with that and how do I fix it?
    Ive had this issue as well. For some reason it just freezes. I am able to scroll (and even that sticks occassionally) but trying to dial a number it won't allow me unless I access the address book and go that route.

Everytime this has happened, Ive had to take the battery out and put it back in to gain access again.

Ive only had my BB for a few months and Im starting to wonder if this is a sign of things to come with regards to potential problems...hopefully thats not the case.

Defective maybe?
    05-15-08 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD