Is it just my phone or does your keypad also look dirty/dark when lit up in a dark room? I'm referring to the numbers on the keypad where the background lighting is white. I bought my Pearl (8120 T-Mobile) 3 weeks ago and already the keypad is dirty? Something I just noticed. Could it be that I didn't get a 'new' phone and the keypad was already used by another person maybe bringing back the phone? Let me know if anyone experienced the same thing. Also, since it is dirty, what is the best thing to use (without ruining the keypad) to clean it so that the keypad is brighter? Is there a separate LED for each key?
    08-19-08 06:31 AM
    Is it just my phone or does your keypad also look dirty/dark when lit up in a dark room? I'm referring to the numbers on the keypad where the background lighting is white. I bought my Pearl (8120 T-Mobile) 3 weeks ago and already the keypad is dirty? Something I just noticed. Could it be that I didn't get a 'new' phone and the keypad was already used by another person maybe bringing back the phone? Let me know if anyone experienced the same thing. Also, since it is dirty, what is the best thing to use (without ruining the keypad) to clean it so that the keypad is brighter? Is there a separate LED for each key?
    Well I think it looks kinda dirty because its hard to keep white thigs clean like a phone or a car, you know? No one proubaly had it before you, its most likely because its color.....Don't worry too much!
    Oh yeah and welcome to CB..!
    08-19-08 07:00 AM
    I guess just use running alchohol on a Qtip to clean the keys. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 08:44 AM
    my keys are silver when dim, and look like a dirty white when lit up, but that's because of the silver paint speckles. also, my rows of keys are not equally lit up, so my 3,6,9, and # keys look pretty white, but the other rows look dingy. maybe that's how yours is too? i have had two 8130s and both were this way.
    08-19-08 09:08 AM
    Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Most of my number keys are on the dark side except for the # 7 key which is noticably brighter. So the other number keys are either dirty or its just the way they are painted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nick917; 08-19-08 at 09:36 AM.
    08-19-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD