Whats the keyboard on blackberry pearl 9105, would this be hard for me coming from a bold 9700 to this?
    02-21-11 03:10 PM
    The 9105 has a SureType keyboard versus the standard QWERTY keyboard found on the Bold. Some folks adapt easily to the SureType keyboard just fine, others don't have the patience to work with or practice with one, and practice is the key. There are plenty of users that swear by the SureType keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Krack-Berri likes this.
    02-21-11 11:50 PM
    The 9105 has the regular phone keyboard where it's 3 letters for each key.
    If you're a heavy user, I would recommend the 9100. It's 2 letters for each key, it's also suretype. I have a BB Pearl 9100, and I love it!
    02-26-11 03:29 PM
    9100 on the left, 9105 on the right
    02-27-11 02:00 AM
    Figured I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one. Has anyone had any problems with keyboard sensitivity on their Pearl 9100?

I use Multitap (can't ever go back to SureType), and quite a bit of the time (about 75%) when I select a letter, it immediately jumps to the other letter for that key. I've tried looking in the settings for keyboard sensitivity, but to no avail. Any thoughts?
    02-27-11 06:22 AM
    Open--- Options--Screen/Keyboard. Key Rate-- select Slow.
    02-27-11 10:10 AM
    Figured I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one. Has anyone had any problems with keyboard sensitivity on their Pearl 9100?

I use Multitap (can't ever go back to SureType), and quite a bit of the time (about 75%) when I select a letter, it immediately jumps to the other letter for that key. I've tried looking in the settings for keyboard sensitivity, but to no avail. Any thoughts?
    I'm having that issue too. How often do you notice the problem?

With my 9100, it happens only once in a while. It's not an issue with "Key Rate" it's individual keys occasionally registering more than one key press. I'm beginning to think it's a software issue, but I've tried both OS5 and OS6 with the same results.

The store I bought it from said that it would replace the phone if I could reproduce the problem in front of them, but it's not happening often enough for me to show them.
    02-28-11 11:48 AM
    Is it happening with words with double letters, or all words being typed?

02-28-11 12:55 PM
    Is it happening with words with double letters, or all words being typed?

It's happening with all words. Sometimes, it even happens when dialing a number in the Phone app. Instead of a single 3, I get a string of 3s.

Just upgraded to the OS6 .481 leak, so far haven't seen the problem - here's to hoping that it's magically fixed.
    02-28-11 04:19 PM
    Whats the keyboard on blackberry pearl 9105, would this be hard for me coming from a bold 9700 to this?
    simply go for it. i owned a 9780 OS6 phone & still went for pearl 9105. excellent & ergonomic keypad. SureType is extremely helpful for long mails/sms. Keyboard is not a hindrance. Moreover, the phone is extremely fast on OS 5.
    03-08-11 04:01 AM
    It's happening with all words. Sometimes, it even happens when dialing a number in the Phone app. Instead of a single 3, I get a string of 3s.

Just upgraded to the OS6 .481 leak, so far haven't seen the problem - here's to hoping that it's magically fixed.
    That is exactly what was/is happening with my 9100. I'm glad you mentioned the digit 3, because that is specifically the problem on mine. Well, it usually happens when I text the letters U or I.

TA, I tried your suggestion of slowing the keyrate down, and it has somewhat alleviated the issue. However, I occasionally have the issue only with the 3 (U/I) key. Strange...

Nalacseg - all you did was upgrade the OS and it fixed it? Interesting...
    03-08-11 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD