Soooo, I dropped my 8110 in a bucket of water about 5 months ago and managed to save it by taking the battery out quickly and drying it out the best I could. The only thing that wasn't right after that was that the ball didn't click, which I could do without since the enter key worked fine. Now about 2 weeks ago, I lost the ball from my phone and couldn't get a new one until yesterday. The new one is in and working normally (besides not being able to click), but for the past 3 or 4 days, my top 4 keys haven't been working correctly. The call button doesn't work to answer the phone and all 4 keys enter letters or numbers when I try to dial or send a text.

I'm going on 2+ years with this phone and I don't want to give it up until the new pearl 3g comes out. AT&T can't do anything about it, so I figure I have to try to fix it myself.

Can anyone tell me what I need to replace inside the phone? I'm guessing its not the keypad itself, but the part under the keypad that communicates with the phone?

Any help/info is appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
    09-14-10 05:10 PM
    Probably water entered underneath the metal contacts. Guess it's the PCB you have to change, but that part cannot be purchased alone, as it comes with the mainboard.
    Try to peel off the parts and clean under first.
    09-14-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD