Hello. I am definitely a newbie when it comes to the Blackberry Pearl 8130.I have had my phone approximately 1 week. The phone is awesome, but intermittently the keyboard only lights up on one side. I have messed around with back light settings. Do you think it is a setting I have missed or is there a problem with the phone. Thanks for any information.
    06-13-08 04:27 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB!

Try a battery pull, take the battery out with the device powered on for 30 seconds and then replace.

If this continues I would say that it may be a fault and you should replace it.
    06-13-08 04:37 PM
    It sounds more like a phone problem, I would take it back to your service provider, since it's only a week old. They should be able to swap it out for you.
    06-13-08 04:41 PM
    It sounds more like a phone problem, I would take it back to your service provider, since it's only a week old. They should be able to swap it out for you.
    I agree. I don't think its ever normal for only part of the keyboard to light up. Its all or nothing (though it does dim, the whole thing will dim).
    06-13-08 09:54 PM
    Thanks for all of your help. Soon after I posted the question I purchased a SD card. After I inserted the phone said that it couldn't read the card that was installed. Tried on the pc and worked fine, even tried on another phone that had an sd slot and worked fine. Decided to call Verizon and after an eternity on the phone, the rep sent out a new phone because he confirmed that the whole keyboard should illuminate not just half, even if the settings were buggered! Thanks again for your replies and will keep you posted about the new phone.
    06-14-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD