I have been cruising the site and have seen people mention that they have a trackball and keyboard that are back lit... I might have before, but don't now...

is there a setting to turn it back on?
    did i break it somehow?

it would be great to have it back on...

thanks!
    03-24-08 08:28 PM
    unfortunately you didn't have it, not available on the Verizon 8130 only the 8100.
    03-24-08 09:58 PM
    I have the Verizon 8130 and have the trackball lighting and keyboard backlight. I have played with the following settings and cannout reproduce your problem (no backlight). The following are the parameters I am playing with:
    Options>Screen/keyboard>backlight brightness: backlight timeout: automatic dim backlight:
    I am running V4.3.0.97
    03-24-08 10:18 PM
    I can also confirm that the VZW 8130 (the one I have) is backlit. Unfortunately, I don't know how to disable it, or enable it should it become disabled...
    03-24-08 11:35 PM
    I have been cruising the site and have seen people mention that they have a trackball and keyboard that are back lit... I might have before, but don't now...

is there a setting to turn it back on?
    did i break it somehow?
    While the device is on pull the battery for ~30 seconds and replace it. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. There is no manual control or settings for the Keypad backlight, only for the Display.
    03-25-08 05:23 AM
    Upon further playing and tinkering... if it is dark or dim where I am using my phone, there backlight keyboard and trackball turn on... and if it is bright, the backlighting doesnt work... I saw someone on here mention there was a light sensor... must be the case! thanks for the replies!
    03-26-08 07:24 AM
    ahh... I assumed you meant your keypad was not lighting at all, even in darkness. Yes there is a light sensor under the keypad, it will light only in dim/dark light conditions.
    03-26-08 07:39 AM
    It will automatically switch off, dim, do a back-flip, whatever when the lighting around you changes. If you move your hands around the BB the lights will change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 08:05 AM
    the sensor is on the red corner LED flashing right almost on top of your phone....
    05-02-08 03:24 PM
    the sensor is on the red corner LED flashing right almost on top of your phone....
    That is the location of the sensor for the display. The keypad has a separate sensor under the keypad itself.
    05-03-08 11:39 AM
    Ok adlen, how did you get yours to do a backflip??? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD