OK I a really weird problem. It stated last night, I took my Pearl out of my pocket (note I locked my keypad before putting it in my pocket) and my phone was in the SMS folder and it had send about ten messages to random people in my address book, the messages only had w's and e's in them. eg. one message was "weweweeewew" ect. Then the phone locked up totally so I pulled the battery and it restarted and looked fine. Then I got a phone call it let me answer the call then it start dialing in my ear over and over and over again. So once again I pulled the battery and back to normal for about an hour then the trackball stopped selecting and the menu key will make the phone type "ty" every time I press it. Also now when I dial a 1 in a phone number the first time I press the key it works with out a problem but if I need a second 1 it dials the 1 then a 2. And it will not let me accept incoming calls. I can not figure out if it is a hardware problem since all the problems seem to be random, but I have never heard of a software problem like this on the Pearl 8100 with software version 4.2.1109. Any help would be great. This phone at this point is not usable since I never know what is going to work and what is not going to.

THANKS,
    Jordan
    08-04-08 07:59 AM
    please remove the battery and check the two liquid damage indicators on the device/battery. the one on the battery should be white with red Xs or a red line. these should not look washed out or should not bleed to the surrounding white area. The one on the device should be a pure white sticker, if it has any hint or red/pink your device and/or battery have been exposed to liquid.
    08-04-08 08:27 AM
    You also might want to clean your device out, if you keep it in your pocket, you will have pocket lint that has worked it's way into you keys and trackball.
    08-04-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD