Can you lock the keys on the phone?
    11-15-07 09:41 PM
    There should be an icon on your home screen to lock the keys. If not hit the option key and select "Show All" and you should see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-07 09:52 PM
    Also, depends on the BB model.

On the newer models you can press the "mute" button on the top for 1 second and it puts the device in standby, thus locking the keys until you push the mute button again.
    11-15-07 09:56 PM
    You can lock the keys by holding down the */symbol key for a second. To unlock the keys hit the same key then the green send. The downside to this is that if you touch a key the display comes on. I carry my phone in my pocket without a dedicated case so this is likely to happen.

The better solution is to put the phone in standby mode by holding down the mute button (on the very top left of phone) and scrolling to okay. To take it out of standby hit the mute key (speaker with line through it) again. This locks the keypad and prevents the display from lighting. You will still get calls and messages even when in standby.
    Last edited by fpnunes; 11-15-07 at 09:57 PM. Reason: clarified mute key description
    11-15-07 09:56 PM
    oops, looks like we were all answering at the same time. Forgot about the lock icon.
    11-15-07 09:58 PM
    Thanks. Now i definately like that...
    11-15-07 09:59 PM
    I have an 8130 and my company requires a hard to type password. I wanted to "lock" the keyboard without having to type my password and this worked great for me. Thanks for the tip to John Clark.

On the newer models you can press the "mute" button on the top for 1 second and it puts the device in standby, thus locking the keys until you push the mute button again.[/QUOTE]
    03-20-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD