Just not that interesting?
    Anybody else out there that doesn't care much for it?

I have an 8830 and have a curve on the way and I don't see what the craze is about...

I'm speaking more of the hardware. I'm always up for software improvement. Especially with calendar and task functions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 04:18 PM
    i love it and cant wait until i have one
    05-09-08 05:01 PM
    Some of us are just geeks and cant wait to get our hands on the newest and most updated toys. The selling point to me is that everything included in a new OS is already pre-installed on the 9000. More importantly, you cant beat WiFi, 3G, and GPS...
    05-09-08 05:03 PM
    I thought the same as you. I wasn't to bothered but now that Kevin is giving us details I WANT ONE.
    05-09-08 05:59 PM
    Same here I cant wait for the release I will be one of the first.
    05-09-08 06:03 PM
    I've stuck with my pearl since I got it in November of 06 (so not long after it was released), fought off all sorts of desires to get a curve. So I think I've earned the right to get the 9000 as soon as it shows up. Salivating over here.
    05-09-08 06:13 PM
    I want the OS and I'd love a hi-res screen, but until they come out with a pearl-size version I'm going to have to pass.
    05-09-08 06:48 PM
    The hardware is actually the most exciting part. Double the processor speed, larger, higher res screen, hopfully a lot more onboard memory and 3G (which means high speed data and a phone that will roam the world). Oh yeah, guess I am a little excited.....

05-09-08 06:53 PM
    I agree!! I just got my Curve,and there's no way I'll give it up for a 9000!

05-09-08 06:56 PM
    Just not that interesting?
    Anybody else out there that doesn't care much for it?

I have an 8830 and have a curve on the way and I don't see what the craze is about...

I'm speaking more of the hardware. I'm always up for software improvement. Especially with calendar and task functions.

Its not that I dont care for it; I'm just tired of hearing about it. I just got my Pearl a week ago and I'm being hit with too much too soon- Pearl, Curve, 9000. I guess since BB is so new to me, I'm finding moments of overwhelmness (I know it's not a word).

Added to the fact that I change my phones...OFTEN! Too many choices.
    05-09-08 07:02 PM
    If there wasn't any 3g, it would be a hyped up T-Mobile curve with a built in gps puck.

With 3g, wifi, gps, processor as good as my first PC, memory increase (anything better than what we've been using), definitely has me looking to purchasing, but just the BB logo, is enough to make me purchase every time.

05-09-08 07:11 PM
    I'll probably wait and get a curve. I'm with us cellular and seeing how long it took them to come out with it in cdma it'll probably be another year for a cdma 9000 to be released.

05-09-08 10:08 PM
    I'll probably wait and get a curve. I'm with us cellular and seeing how long it took them to come out with it in cdma it'll probably be another year for a cdma 9000 to be released.

At least a year, I'm sure. We'll have to see how long the carriers drag their feet. It'll be great when Verizon switches to LTE and then maybe there will be better selection.
    05-09-08 10:34 PM
    I say no for me on the 9000. But, I've said that with every BB and each time a new one is in front of me, I buy. I just can't help myself.

05-09-08 11:42 PM
    Some of us are just geeks and cant wait to get our hands on the newest and most updated toys. The selling point to me is that everything included in a new OS is already pre-installed on the 9000. More importantly, you cant beat WiFi, 3G, and GPS...
    Same here, but I will agree, the design doesn't do much for me either, but as long as the software delivers, I will be satisfied.
    05-10-08 12:02 AM
    To me, it looks like the keyboard is bigger than the screen. I also hate the look of it
    05-10-08 04:53 PM
    I just hope I can get from T-mobile
    05-10-08 05:07 PM
    YA! What he said!!!
    05-10-08 05:13 PM
    I'm not scheduled for upgrade until 7-2009 so I can't even think about new toys like THE BOLD. I'm just a working stiff paying my way through life.
    05-10-08 05:30 PM
    I'm not big on clamshells, and I'd prefer the 9000 series SureType was a candybar like the Pearl. Why not have a 9200 clamshell and another candybar for the 9100 RIM? Choices, people, choices!

But since I just got my Curve about 2 weeks ago, I plan to use it for at least a few months before being silly and buying yet another gizmo
    05-14-08 05:20 PM
    I have to agree....finally all in one package.
    05-21-08 02:41 PM
    I cant wait for the release.
    05-21-08 03:04 PM
    To me, it looks like the keyboard is bigger than the screen. I also hate the look of it
    yea, it's pugly compared to the Pearl. never know on these things until you get your mutts on it though, so we'll see...

to get it, though, i'd have to switch from Sprint to ATT, so if the iPhone 2 is improved to my satisfaction it would be a difficult decision
    05-25-08 09:30 AM
    I believe the Bold will have 1Gig of on board memory.
    05-25-08 10:00 AM
    Whoa, it seems as if this was placed in the wrong forum? I was wondering where this thread was placed...

I meant the 9000 as in the "Bold" not the "Kickstart" (9100?). Unless I'm wrong...

I got used to my 8830WE keyboard which is what the Bold seems to have. I like my Curve's keyboard better but it seems cheaper.

The only reason I'd upgrade is because I am a total loser and need to have new crap. Plus the screen is nicer.
    05-30-08 06:54 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD