got my verizon flip on sunday - great phone - don't even need to look at the tour - this phone has what I need. whipped up a today plus theme and all is good!
    07-06-09 09:39 AM
    Definitely a cool device. Not for everyone, but glad you are enjoying it.
    07-06-09 09:43 AM
    Just ordered mine this morning! Hope overnight shipping really is "overnight" Sold my Storm to a friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:21 AM
    I love mine too! I've always have flip phones, never blackberries. This style is what made me take the leap. I feel like I have a new boyfriend-- I was up all night getting to know it, I haven't gone anywhere all weekend, it plays songs for me....
    07-06-09 06:38 PM
    Sweet phone. Love the flip couldn't stand the touch screen. Fingerprints annoyed me to no end. This phone definately works for me. Blackberry power and flip design.
    07-06-09 11:46 PM
    I love mine too! I've always have flip phones, never blackberries. This style is what made me take the leap. I feel like I have a new boyfriend-- I was up all night getting to know it, I haven't gone anywhere all weekend, it plays songs for me....
    Hopefully it will take out the trash and fix broken appliances too.

So how is the browser? Is it still painfully slow like it is in the 8220?

07-07-09 01:51 AM
    I just ordered my Blackberry flip i'm excited can't wait to sell my storm.
    07-07-09 05:34 AM
    Lol finger prints and dirty screens drive me crazy I could never enjoy the storm. I love my 8230 and I don't find the browser slow, it just depends on the time of day and what website I am on. Compared to my old LG Shine, this is lightning.

07-07-09 08:57 AM
    Fingerprint on the 8220 drove me crazy let's just say now I'm rocking a 8900

07-07-09 11:45 AM
    Fingerprint on the 8220 drove me crazy let's just say now I'm rocking a 8900

Stupid question here..... How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks does getting an 8900 change things as far as fingerprints? The 8220 being a flip phone would be LESS susceptible to fingerprints than the 8900; seems the 8900 would be a fingerprint magnet just like my old 9530 Storm was.
    07-07-09 05:42 PM
    OMG I hate the fingerprints & "dirty" screen on my Storm bothers me to NO END!! I bought the screen protectors from VZW same day I bought the Storm, but I'm not sure what good they've done.

Ms. Lady Dreamer, btw, I copied your beautiful signature and sent it to some friends I LOVE the words!

Mudpiegirl, I hear ya! I purposely bought my Storm right before the long holiday weekend when my kids were with their dad, LOL! Love the boyfriend analogy and the next poster's comments
    Last edited by Missed-my-PDA; 07-10-09 at 10:02 PM.
    07-10-09 10:00 PM
    I have had my pearl flip for a little over a week, and i think i like it more each day. many tried to pursuade me to wait for the flip,b ut im just gonna get that as well. but it will have to be utterly amazing for me to give up this flip, i know thats for sure.
    07-10-09 10:02 PM
    Well I'm not talking about on the screen but on top of theexternal display lol both phones are fingerpront mags but in my opinion its less worse on the 8900 to each his own
    Stupid question here..... How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks does getting an 8900 change things as far as fingerprints? The 8220 being a flip phone would be LESS susceptible to fingerprints than the 8900; seems the 8900 would be a fingerprint magnet just like my old 9530 Storm was.
    07-11-09 01:15 AM
    got mine 3 weeks ago and i really enjoy it. kids love playing the games
    07-13-09 06:23 PM
    Hello, first time in this room.

I love full qwerty keyboard Blackberries, but something about the pearl flip really catches my eye. I have a new 8900, but I may get the flip as a backup.
    07-16-09 07:13 PM
    I've had my flip over a week and a half now I think and man I'm really loving this thing! I liked my storm ALOT but this really fits me. I use it more than I used my storm it seems like! It never leaves my side when I'm at home. I'll sometimes leave it in the car when I go to the track..sometimes
    07-16-09 09:42 PM
    I got a Zagg full body cover for mine after getting an aftermarket case that broke within a month. The zagg makes the fingerprints not show as much and is guaranteed for life, for whatever that's worth. lol.
    09-30-09 06:16 PM
    I've only had my Flip for 3 days and I'm in love with it! It just might be the most addicting BB yet for me.

Looks like my Tour will be sitting out on the sideline for a little while.
    10-01-09 12:51 PM
    I've been rockin my Flip 8220 since last Thanksgiving. The old Zagg skin was peeling up on the edges of the outer screen, and was deformed from a coat pocket battle with my car keys. I stripped the Zagg and put a shiny new BSE on the phone, bought some new apps including BeWeather/BerryWeather (wow)... It's like a new phone!
    10-01-09 02:08 PM
    Today is Day 3 with my Flip 8230 and I'm really happy with it. I had a Tour but after my 3rd one's trackball failed once again, I started looking at some other options and landed on this one. I'm really glad to have a flip phone again (it's been awhile) and have my main screen, keys, and trackball all INSIDE the phone and not out. I know that really wore my old Curve out fast. Love how small it is in my pocket too... the Tour was HUGE in comparison. This one fits me well!
    10-01-09 02:35 PM
    Hi. Glad everyone is liking the pearl flip phone. I just got mine and I really enjoy it. I had a curve and it is now sitting who wants it just let me know hehe. Now I want more things on my flip and don't know where to begin I never did with my curve but want to know now. The reason I changed phones is because I just don't like the big wide open phone its just too bulky for me. Happy Halloween everyone.
    10-04-09 02:15 AM
    ya its a great phone ........until it goes into its shut down and restart loop! then the only advice blackberry or tmobile can give is to reload the OS but, ya can't reload the OS because it keeps restarting and then you try to do all the fixes that you can find on here and nothing works and then you start to go slowly insane! LOL!
    10-05-09 08:20 PM
    ya its a great phone ........until it goes into its shut down and restart loop! then the only advice blackberry or tmobile can give is to reload the OS but, ya can't reload the OS because it keeps restarting and then you try to do all the fixes that you can find on here and nothing works and then you start to go slowly insane! LOL!
    Do a wipe with JLCMDR then run desktop manager and do an os update.

10-06-09 04:58 PM
    Ya i did, that hasn't worked.
    10-06-09 07:17 PM
    Ya i did, that hasn't worked.
    I had trouble doing it the FAQ way from crackberry.

I just wiped it. Then opened up desktop manager waited for the pin to show up and went through the download and update clicks as fast as you can before it goes away again. It worked. If you do that you will see it stop cycling and start loading the OS.
    10-07-09 02:27 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD