3 hours ago I just finished putting the full body Best Skins Ever on my Flip. It took me a couple of hours. I was being too anal about putting the pieces on perfectly and I put too much soap in my solution (big mistake). For the last few pieces I just made new solution with less soap. I felt so stupid because I could have just done that in the first place and saved lots of time. Now I have to wait an agonizing 24 hours before I can use it . It will be worth it in the end though. I will post pictures later on.

Anybody used their phone before the 24 hour wait period?
    05-16-09 05:38 AM
    There's pic in my sig of mine. I don't even take the battery out anymore when I apply. I use it straight through the application.
    05-16-09 05:53 AM
    Wow so you used your phone shortly after you were done? I would feel paranoid to turn it on shortly after finishing. I didn`t even put the battery back in yet.
    05-16-09 05:59 AM
    The first time I was careful and followed the instructions. I've applied probably 6-7 either on mine or friends'. Now when I do it I don't take the battery out or power down anymore at all.
    05-16-09 06:01 AM
    This is my 2nd time skinning a phone. I've done my cousin's iphone since he knows I'm the kind of person that's patient for this kind of stuff. I'm not sure if he waited 24 hours before he turned in his phone though, but I don't remember telling him to wait lol.
    05-16-09 01:33 PM
    I've done two Zagg skins on the family's Flips. I pull the battery and install the skins last thing before bed. I don't wait the full 24, but I do pat it dry and give it 9 hours for any moisture to dissipate.

Water and electricity don't mix. If you're sloppy and get solution in a powered up phone, it can make an electrical short and fry stuff faster than you can say "Son of a *****"!

A few months ago somebody was looking for a new LCD for just that reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD