I had downloaded the Desktop manager 4.7 since i was using a very old version of the desktop manager that came on CD with my phone. I installed the software... plugged in my phone and had one of what I would call a "stupid" moments were i wasn't paying attention and failed to notice the update that popped up was for my PHONE and not the SOFTWARE. I realized this after I noticed my Pearl had "rebooted".

At that point I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best! I had not been able to back up anything and was afraid i was going to lose my contacts and stuff stored on my phone!

Now the process worked flawlessly, but if i remember correctly that i my phone had OS version 4.5.0.55 before the update, and still have the 4.5.0.55 after the "update". I guess no harm no foul but how do they call that a update?

What was stranger... is that none of the apps changed, and somehow i went from having 21 000 000 to now having around 28 000 000? What could have caused that?
    01-25-09 06:35 PM
    My DM always wants to update my up-to-date 8130 as well. Can't explain why your memory increased, though.
    01-25-09 07:06 PM
    Could it possibly be from updating from OS 4.5.0.53 to 4.5.0.55
    01-25-09 07:11 PM
    Your memory would increase if your phone rebooted itself. It would almost be like doing a battery pull to regain memory. Not sure why it rebooted though.
    01-25-09 07:50 PM
    My phone new out of the box never had 28 000 000 for memory. I am thinking that my OS must have been 4.5.0.53 and updated to .55... only explanation i have... just seems a bit weird to me.
    01-25-09 08:02 PM
    I updated a friend of mine 8100 and the same thing happened, the OS the showed stayed the same. So I deleted everything from his laptop, reinstalled 4.6 DM and reinstalled the latest OS. The next time around the phone showed the right OS.
    01-26-09 11:18 AM
    Ok, after talking to my service provider we have come to the conclusion that my phone was upgraded to 4.5.0.55 from 4.5.0.53. It is a nice difference but was told not to upgrade it any further because they were unsure that it would be compatible with my voice services. My service provider just started offering Blackberries since Nov of last year and they don't know much about them. LOL I know more about my phone then my cell company does... i think that is sorta sad really.
    01-26-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD