Well that's just it. I'm not exactly sure what I did this time that was so different from the other 5-6 times I tried.

Just make sure you install desktop manager first, then your phone.
    haha! Dang gremilns! Well, I'm glad you are back online!
    07-29-08 05:55 PM
    Basically we talked through the entire process because there was a ton of clutter and confusion. I think some .cod and .alx files were missing or corrupted somehow!

First, I had mystic uninstall ALL device OSes and DesktopManager from the PC (using Add/Remove from Control Panel)

Then we rebooted the PC, downloaded the install files for DM 4.5 and the latest OS (or whatever you desire). Since mystic was installing an official carrier release from Alltel for his 8130 we did not have to remove the vendor.xml.

From here, we followed the same basic procedure detailed in my tutorial (link in signature)

They key to get it working was uninstalling everything and starting with a fresh install!

Hope that helps!
    07-29-08 06:06 PM
    Basically we talked through the entire process because there was a ton of clutter and confusion. I think some .cod and .alx files were missing or corrupted somehow!

First, I had mystic uninstall ALL device OSes and DesktopManager from the PC (using Add/Remove from Control Panel)

Then we rebooted the PC, downloaded the install files for DM 4.5 and the latest OS (or whatever you desire). Since mystic was installing an official carrier release from Alltel for his 8130 we did not have to remove the vendor.xml.

From here, we followed the same basic procedure detailed in my tutorial (link in signature)

They key to get it working was uninstalling everything and starting with a fresh install!

Hope that helps!
    That is great info! Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 10:10 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD