Hey guys,

I have been using RambleIM for about a month, and it worked alright but I kept getting messages from my own screename saying "RAMBLEPING" so I deleted it, and I was going to re-install it, but I can't find the link. So I downloaded the trial of JiveTalk, here are my questions:

1) RambleIM did not charge me a text message for the messages I sent/received, is it the same way with JiveTalk?

2) Does anyone have a working link for RambleIM? I have tried so many, and can't get any to work. I would like to download OTA.

I have AT&T service. Thanks very much!
    05-11-08 04:10 PM
    From another forum I learnt that Jivetalk doesnt charge users a text message but instead goes through the data plan. I havent tried it out yet.
    05-11-08 04:28 PM
    I've had both, and both use the data plan.

For ramble, go here:
    Ramble� Instant Messenger Download

fill in your email, agree to the terms, and choose OTA. they'll send you the link.

But IMO, JiveTalk is the way to go.
    05-11-08 04:49 PM
    The company that made Ramble stopped supporting it, so even if you install it, most likely you will continue getting the RAMBLEPING message every few seconds.

Thats the way that it connects to the AIM servers.
    05-11-08 04:56 PM
    Thanks very much for all the help, I appreciate it!
    05-11-08 05:36 PM
    By the way guys, why does everyone have there PINs posted?

What does this enable you to do?

Thanks!
    05-11-08 05:38 PM
    You can add contacts to BBMessenger, and send PIN messages. its a direct contact from BB to BB, and its included in the BlackBerry data plan
    05-11-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD