I just bought a Jabra BT 8040 because i have to carry two cell phones. the headset seems to work very well with other phones but when i connect it to my 8100 it makes loud crackling noises and goes in and out making it practically useless. Is this just BB's, this particular BB model (8100), or just my phone. Does anyone know of which speak. Any info is appreciated.
    02-17-09 11:26 PM
    once I upgraded to os v4.5.0.55 and upgraded the Jabra firmware, the Jabra BT8040 worked as designed. prior to the os upgrade, you must turn off the handsfree option under Bluetooth settings to get clear audio. I recommend upgrading the os and firmware.
    02-18-09 11:36 AM
    once I upgraded to os v4.5.0.55 and upgraded the Jabra firmware, the Jabra BT8040 worked as designed. prior to the os upgrade, you must turn off the handsfree option under Bluetooth settings to get clear audio. I recommend upgrading the os and firmware.
    I'm real new, how do I do this ?
    02-18-09 04:32 PM
    I'm real new, how do I do this ?
    I don't know if you did this already or not. I just did it. For what it worth. If you go to jabra.com, support, then pick your device. You can find the firmware in yellow. Dowload it and then unzip it with the free winzip at winzip.com. Once you unzip it, reboot your computer and open the unzipped file. There you will se the way to do it. plug in your headset with the usb cable. Hold down the big button on the front and then let go. It should turn purple and the update will begin by itself. Wait until it is done. unplug the device anf it should work perfectly. I went through 3 headsets with my pearl 8100 until I tried the update. I could have saved 2 months of mailing and returning the product. Hope that helps.
    03-07-09 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD