Use Opera Mini. I had to exchange my 8100 pearl and I can't get on OM now. I know I had to go in and change something like APN maybe but I don't know what to change it to. I also can't get onto my regular BB browser.

Thanks for your help.
    01-02-09 03:23 PM
    On the top right, does it say edge in uppercase letters? If not, what does it say? I'm thinking you may need to log into tmobile to access their BIS controls to change your device information from your old phone, to your new one. You could also do this by calling Tmo.
    01-02-09 03:42 PM
    It says EDGE.
    01-02-09 03:46 PM
    Ok, that means you have internet. I'd like to focus on just the BB browser if we could. If that doesn't work, than chances are, nothing else will either.

What happens when you try and use the BB browser? Do pages just time out and say they can't be loaded?
    01-02-09 03:48 PM
    your APN should be wap.voicestream.com
    no username and no password
    01-02-09 05:06 PM
    Ok actually the BB browser is working now. The homepage came up and I clicked on Yahoo search and it went there. Opera Mini doesn't work and it says "Failed to connect to the internet"
    01-02-09 05:07 PM
    Ok go to Options > Advanced > TCP, enter the information giantfan listed above, and be sure to save it.
    01-02-09 05:11 PM
    Thank you guys. I knew I had to add something somewhere but just didn't know what. Why do you have to do that? Is it because t-mobile used to be voicestream?
    01-02-09 05:17 PM
    Somewhat, yes.
    01-02-09 05:22 PM
    That is about as technical as I get. LOL!! I really wish that I knew how to use my BB to it's fullest. I know there are so many things I am missing out on. Actually just today I figured out how to put music on it. Hey I have only had it for 11 months. One day I will figure out how to watch YouTube videos on it.
    01-02-09 05:32 PM
    01-02-09 05:37 PM
    Hey thanks. I feel funny asking questions because I feel like I have had my phone long enough I should know all these things. I think I will learn a lot through that link.
    01-02-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD