Hello--

I'm kind of new to using a blackberry and have unfortunately developed an OCD obsession of cleaning my screen. However, in this process I've scratched my screen. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

IQ
    03-21-08 02:25 PM
    i clean mine a lot also. get a screen cover and it makes it easy. buy mine on amazon.com
    03-21-08 02:28 PM
    03-21-08 02:30 PM
    kcarter3 and cjcarbone already gave great suggestions....i have a screen protector that i got from ebay.
    Last edited by tatyana17; 03-21-08 at 02:36 PM.
    03-21-08 02:34 PM
    I have a lil scratch on mine too.. but i think ill live.. :P
    03-21-08 03:04 PM
    How about leave the phone alone and you wouldn't have this problem.
    03-21-08 07:20 PM
    Compound polish

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 07:47 PM
    Ill assume they're light scratches. You can use those eyeglass scratch removers as well.

When cleaning it, blow onto the screen first to remove dust particles before you wipe because they're the ones that actually scratch the screen.

03-21-08 07:48 PM
    I got the screen protector from seidio its awesome!
    03-21-08 08:09 PM
    Time to get a bestskinsever for the screen! You won't regret it!
    03-22-08 02:50 AM
    Go to Invisible Shield . Com

This skin will outlive your phone by 100 years. Well worth the price
    03-22-08 06:50 AM
    If you want a screen protector I bought mine on ebay. Good price and good product too.
    03-22-08 07:23 AM
    Any love for those with Red Pearls? I would really love to replace the lens on mine.
    03-28-08 02:02 PM
    Bought the screen protecter from Invisible Shield; was very disappointed! Purchased the full body sleeve, the cut outs (film) did not align to my pearl very well at all. Big waste of my money in my opinion. Only used the one for the screen as the rest were not cut out properly for an exact fit.
    03-29-08 03:10 PM
    i would not recommend scratch removers. I had some light scratches on my BB and used the scratch remover. I made sure no particles were on my screen before using it. However, after using it, I made more light scratches. DANGIT!!

Instead, I called the warranty department and made a fuss about my bluetooth instead. A few days later they replaced my phone with a new phone....CHA-CHING!!

03-29-08 03:30 PM
    It takes some work but automotive plastic scratch remover and polish (about $7 each at murrays, auto zone etc) by 3M works great most clear plastics. It's made to remove scratches from headlamp lenses and dashboard plastic lenses.
    If you take your time, you can get most any scratch polished out and leave your screen pretty and shiny.

Just make sure to carefully and completely follow the instructions on the package.

N2
    03-29-08 04:34 PM
    I got my screen protectors from sprint for 10 dollars plus tax. Its enough to do more than 3. It ws less than radioshack! A definate for screen protection.hope this helps.

03-29-08 04:56 PM
    Bought the screen protecter from Invisible Shield; was very disappointed! Purchased the full body sleeve, the cut outs (film) did not align to my pearl very well at all. Big waste of my money in my opinion. Only used the one for the screen as the rest were not cut out properly for an exact fit.
    Are you sure you put it on right, and/or ordered the correct model to begin with? Mine fit exactly - so much so that it exceeded my ability to apply it precisely. Several parts overlap or come fractions of a millimeter short because of my inexactness.

Granted, it was difficult to put on - but now that it's on, it really is invisible, hides all previous scratches, and makes the phone much easier to hold on to, and significantly increases durability. It was $25 (kind of pricey) but you definitely get what you pay for, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

If the protector was defective, Zagg will replace it for you at no cost.
    03-29-08 05:14 PM
    Are you sure you put it on right, and/or ordered the correct model to begin with? Mine fit exactly - so much so that it exceeded my ability to apply it precisely. Several parts overlap or come fractions of a millimeter short because of my inexactness.
    Ordered for a Blackberry Pearl 8130, label said full body wrap was for Blackberry 8130 but the alignments were not even close. This is not rocket science but what they sent me is useless. The installation is not that difficult & can be done very nicely with patience; but it has to fit correctly. Being the weekend Invisible Shield is closed on weekends but I sent an email today & will call on monday to see what can be done. To me, twenty five dollars is way too much for what I received.
    03-29-08 06:55 PM
    Ordered for a Blackberry Pearl 8130, label said full body wrap was for Blackberry 8130 but the alignments were not even close. This is not rocket science but what they sent me is useless. The installation is not that difficult & can be done very nicely with patience; but it has to fit correctly. Being the weekend Invisible Shield is closed on weekends but I sent an email today & will call on monday to see what can be done. To me, twenty five dollars is way too much for what I received.
    Hmmm...maybe you got a dud. They should replace it for you with free shipping...give it another chance and you shouldn't be disappointed with the quality once it's done. I didn't think I did a great job with it, but it still looks good...the cutouts are all lined up, I can get the battery door on and off, plugs in and out, etc.

The only problem I had was with one of the very small pieces at the top...I got it a little crooked, but that was as straight as I could get it. I took a very small Xacto knife and shaved off a sliver that might have interfered with the battery door. It's not at all noticeable now.
    03-29-08 07:52 PM
    I have a couple of scratches, but as long as I can still see the screen, i'm not worried.
    03-30-08 07:02 AM
    I bought a pack of like 30 screen protectors (thin film to put over top your screen) the guy at the store put it on for me, and it was only like 25$.
    i got them at the telus store., you cant even tell its on there, and your screen stays protected, so i would go with those.
    03-30-08 07:18 PM
    I think everyone should have a BSE...

BestSkinsEver : cheap, durable, self healing, masking protection!

Does not add extra bulk or weight!! Perfect, IMO!!

Best Skins Ever Home Page
    08-03-08 06:05 PM
    For someone with ocd issues about cleaning the screen, those stick on screen protectors really seemed to make my curve look dirtier and more scratched. They make office wipes for cleaning screens that seem to work nicely, as long as you dont get too obsessed about it.
    08-03-08 06:16 PM
    I just ordered a couple of screen protectors from Best Skins Ever - thanks for the tip.

To the OP...I hope you get those scratches taken care of!
    08-03-08 07:06 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD