my son just got a pearl from his dad. he is trying to load his itunes music on to it. do we need some type of software? he says that he should just be able to plug it into the computer and a pop up will come up but it doesn't so we haven't even got to the option of loading anything on to his phone. i'm thinking we need blackberry software but the 12 year insists not...... (could be true but just in case) what could be the problem if no software is needed?
    thank you
    09-07-10 11:11 PM
    Provided that you have a memory card installed, when the phone is plugged into a computer, mass-storage mode should be enabled which will allow you to browse the contents of the memory card much like you would do with a standard flash drive. If you need to manually enable mass storage mode for the memory card, go to "Options" and then "Memory". When you are in the "Memory" menu, you'll see if mass storage mode is enabled or not and towards the bottom the the screen you'll also be able to see the total capacity and the free space on the card. You can access the memory card the same place you would go to browse your machines hard drive. On the memory card, there will be a folder labeled "BlackBerry" and inside that will be a list of folders for various media types. Go to the "music" folder and here is where you can put music files to play back on the phone. Keep in mind that the audio files must be UNPROTECTED .mp3, .m4a, .wma, etc... to be able to be played on the phone.

This is my (lengthy) walkthrough on how to manually add music to the phone. If you want to make it easy, you can grab BlackBerry Media Sync and let the software do the tedious stuff for you.
    09-12-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD