The volume on my very pretty but completely un-user-friendly red Pearl seems to have gone away. It's on "Loud", and I checked the volume settings, but it just vibrates whenever I get an incoming call. My phone no longer makes a sound at all. Anyone?

I bought it brand new at Wal-Mart in December, but I can't find the receipt and without a warranty, it's too late to take it back anyway (from what I understand).

Thanks.
    05-02-08 01:35 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. You have the best phne on the planet but it does take a small amount of effort to learn to use it efficiently. The Blackberry Operating System is capable of doing a lot. One of them is to make the phone produce noises.

I assume that you are talking about the phone ringing when a call comes in. I shall proceed assuming you are.

Click the Profiles (Loud) icon. Scroll down to Advanced and click on Loud (Active) and click it. Scroll down to Phone a click it. Now select any of the fields that you feel like in the Out of Holster panel of the screen. You have to have a Tune:, and the Volume has to be se to other than Mute.

Try it and come back here. There is loads of help here just for the asking.
    05-02-08 02:48 PM
    Do you have a Ringtone selected under your Loud profile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 04:19 PM
    Hi Pete6... I tried what you suggested, but after switching between selections from the "Out of Holster" menu (vibrate, vibrate+tone, etc.), I could feel it vibrate when I switched between either of those two options, but I got nothing when I just selected "tone". Therefore, I'm guessing there is a sound malfunction that is causing the phone to not ring when I get a call (it doesn't make any sound whatsoever, really... when I scroll through the different pre-set ringtones, it doesn't give me the little sample noises that it used to).

Now, to face the slack-jawed beast that is my local Wal-Mart's Returns Department.
    05-02-08 04:40 PM
    Wal mart will not return it. You need to go to your cell carriers store. You only have 30 days to return a phone at wal mart then you must deal with the provider.

05-02-08 05:52 PM
    Last time I was at the AT&T store (my carrier), I mentioned the problem, but they said I'd have to bring it to Wal-Mart since that's where I bought it. Maybe I should return and just be more insistent?
    05-02-08 05:57 PM
    I used to be a cellular manager for Wal-Mart and their contract with AT&T is such that AT&T is responsible for the phone after the 30 days is up.
    You can try to take it back to Wal-Mart, but you should talk to customer service for AT&T. They are the ones that you are paying for the service every month.

05-02-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD