So I have a... It doesn't matter. You can see what I have above. But my friend has a totally different setup.

My friend has a 8100, and a Mac, and asked me to help get the 4.5 OS. But when I went to their place, I was stumped as far as the downloader.

They have no app on their computer. Was pocketMac the program I should have downloaded to their Mac? It seemed like it was a BB app to sync to a Mac, not a Mac app to sync to a BB. (it's confusing when it's not called "desktop manager" like on my PC)

I told her to go to her Tmobile store and they would just do it for her. I did the upgrade myself, but I heard on here that it's just that easy. I hope I didn't steer her wrong.

I would love to still help. Just tell me #1, if I should have downloaded PocketMac and used it like Desktop Manager. #2, if Tmobile will just take all of her troubles away like I promised.
    03-30-09 01:02 AM
    You were trying to upgrade her OS ? With a MAC?
    Well you can't upgrade her OS using a MAC.
    There's no Desktop Manager for MAC Users.
    [If that's what you were trying to do]
    BB and Mac don't get along.
    As far as T-Mobile doing it, they won't.
    03-30-09 01:12 AM
    So what you are saying is that I need to take her phone to my PC and do it that way? I can do that. Just seemed odd that I would need to.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I hear that most carriers are happy to update your OS if you take in into the store. Tmobile not so much? Odd for Tmobile. Then again, I truely don't know what to expect from everyone. Like I said, I took care of my own OS on my own comp.

BTW: Thank you for giving me a reason to hold my PC head up high. Now maybe I can stop answering the statement, "I own a Mac" with the response, "What? You think you're better than me?"
    03-30-09 01:23 AM
    Yeah, like I said there's no Desktop Manager to run on MAC. So no OS upgrade can be done using one.
    All windows based !

I've never seen/heard of carriers updating OS. It doesn't seem "right" to me either ?

You welcome !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 01:26 AM
    I believe the latest OS TMO offers is 4.2, hardly up to hate. They'd be better off letting you do it, and bringing over a 6 pack or such for your trouble.

03-30-09 04:09 AM
    I believe the latest OS TMO offers is 4.2, hardly up to date. They'd be better off letting you do it, and bringing over a 6 pack or such for your trouble.

03-30-09 04:13 AM
    1.) Yes, the people at TMO can try to help. Yes, actually, they are able to update your OS, BUT, the current TMO approved OS is 4.2.

HOWEVER..

2.) Hook it up to a Windows-enabled computer, and you're able to download the 4.5 OS from BlackBerry. (see: top of the 8100 forum).

I have a TMO 8100 operating with the 4.5 OS, no issues whatsoever yet.
    Cheers.
    03-30-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD