Hello BB users,

I got my BB 8130 a few weeks back and have been reading these forums trying to absorb as much as I can since then. I finally activated the phone this past Sunday. I have the BIS service.

I've setup my blackberry email acct and a personal email account through the sprint bis. As of now, I have the generic "catch all" message box (all emails, txt messages, etc go in here), a "personal email" message box, and my "blackberry email" message box.

Like many of us, I want to setup my phone to check my work email as well. I read that with the BIS, I must use the redirector. I've installed it on my work computer and it's running now. When I get work emails now on my computer, they are also sent to my blackberry. However, at the moment, they are going direction to the "catch all" message box.

How can I get a "work email" message box? I've tried and tried to set it up through the BIS site (via IE and via BB). I just can not get it to work. I would think there's a way to do it considering I'm already receiving work emails to my "catch all" message box. I keep seeing reference to OWA access. I have this type of access but I'm not sure if it might be different than other companies, which could be leading to my problems. When I go to the company link (http: //mycompanydomain.com), it asks me for my login username and pass. Only after I've entered that information does it send me to another page and from there, I click the outlook web access link (https: //mycompanydomain.com/houstonmail/exchange) and go directly to my inbox without having to login again.

In trying to set up the mail account, I tried various methods. For the link to my exchange server, I've tried a few, such as the https ://mycodomainname.com/houstonmail/exchange/ which is the shortcut to the OWA AFTER I login using my username/pass. Also, my mailbox name is lastname, first (with the space after the comma). This wouldn't be causing an issue would it?

Can anyone help out? Is what I'm trying to do not possible? Is the setup of my companies owa setup causing my problems?

FWIW, when I forward or reply to a work email that's in my generic box, when it arrives at the destination, it shows up as sent from my work email (with my "sent using blackberry" signature).

Sorry this is so long winded. I've searched and haven't found anyone else with this same exact problem. I've tried everything I know how to and figured some of you guys/gals would know.

Regards.
    Last edited by Blue91; 03-18-08 at 02:54 PM.
    03-18-08 01:51 PM
    TTT. Anyone?
    03-18-08 10:03 PM
    Wow, take a step back and breathe blue. The easiest way to do this is:
    Set up the PC you sync to at home with an outlook email address.
    Get the email push to your phone.
    Set a rule in your work outlook to forward the mail to your home outlook, Which is now sync'd to your phone. Make sure you also set it to save a copy on your work PC.
    Done deal. Just keep in mind, if either outlook account is open, chances are the mail you get wont make it to your phone.
    If you need. I can walk you through the outlook rule once my stinkin home internet gets fixed.
    GL
    If you guys want I can do a whole step by step to sticky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 10:23 PM
    That'd be cool to do if I can't get it working the "normal" way. Thanks for the reply.
    03-19-08 10:39 AM
    It is cool, and at second look, you should be able to forward to any email address. Just remember if you have outlook opened on your pc, more often than not the email won't get forwarded. I found myself checking my work email a lot less after I saw this is reliable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 02:45 PM
    how do u create the rule???
    04-18-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD