Hello All:

I have looked through most of the pages, but I was wondering...I don't have internet service on my Pearl, can I plug it into my computer and use the internet from there?

Thanks
    06-27-08 09:32 AM
    I've never heard of anyone plugging their phone in to their computer and being able to use the net via that route, but I could always be mistaken.

Your best bet is to just get a data plan for your phone.. It's well worth it!!
    06-27-08 09:34 AM
    Hi

Its called tethering but I don't think it can be done without a data plan.

You could try downloadin the opera mini browser onto your pearl for internet access but you would need a generic data plan to pay for data use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 09:44 AM
    Hello All:

I have looked through most of the pages, but I was wondering...I don't have internet service on my Pearl, can I plug it into my computer and use the internet from there?

Thanks
    By looking at the wording of your post it seems that you want to connect your Pearl by usb to your computer and share the internet connection that your PC is using, not to use the Pearl as a modem. Is that correct?

If so, I haven't seen that before and do not think it is possible. Why would you want to surf the net on your bberry through your PC's internet connection in the first place?

Tethering works the other way around by using your Pearl as a modem.
    Last edited by tourmalinecanyon; 06-27-08 at 04:19 PM.
    06-27-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD