Hi, CrackBerry.com! Nice to meet you.

I've had problems with my 8100 for months now. Software issues and such. I had some time again, tonight, to update my software. I don't have a home phone, so I talked to someone at T-Mobile for a good 25 minutes getting all the instructions and whatnot to do this.

Never once did he mention that if I upgraded that the new OZ software is a data plan and not SMS plan. I had specifically told him that I'd just (two days ago) switched to an unlimited text plan so I could use my IM more. I only use yahoo.

I don't have data on my phone, so I can't go to a website to try and get some IM software. I don't know what my options are. After talking to the third guy tonight, he told me that T-Mobile doesn't have the older software version and I'm pretty much screwed. He advised me to look around the internet and see if I could find a download.

It's 2:24 am. I have to be up at 6 to get ready for work. That jackass who didn't feel like doing his job earlier, and made me write down instructions, instead of walking me through something and taking the time to explain ALL the changes (azzhat...) that would come with the upgrade. I'm too delirious to try and find something via the internet.

Is it even possible to go back to an older version? I didn't buy a BB to be cool and use internet and stuff. It was free, when I signed up. I text a lot and I use IM a lot. I was hoping to use it a LOT more. I talk on it, text a lot, take a few pictures, and IM. Thanks for your help!
    02-06-09 03:27 AM
    You can sign into Y!IM through a text message. Sorry I don't remember the number, but go to http: //messenger.yahoo.com on your home pc and look for the link for directions for SMS. It will tell you what number to text for you to login to your yahoo account, and how to im your contacts through text.

I'm not at home right now but if you can't find it, I will post the links when I get home. Good lucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD