well situation is tmobile user who uses 8220 no data only wifi on this particular handset and just called and enabled the visual voicemail feature. representative in blackberry tech informed me i would need to install the vv app through blackberry app world, unfortunatly blackberry app world cannot be used while on only wifi and no data plan. i am aware the os im using .180 does not have vv embedded in the core apps, does anyone have any ideas on how to get vv on my device?? cheers
    11-28-09 02:44 PM
    I don't have a data plan but do have the free BlackBerry Enabler Feature from T-Mobile. I went onto my.tmobile.com and added visual voicemail, but I do not have the feature available on my phone. I tried resending service books, battery pull, and looking for the T-Mobile VVM app on AppWorld - no luck. In fact, I don't think VVM is available for non-5.0 OS devices yet. The only workaround is to use YouMail, which I have not tried yet.
    11-28-09 03:21 PM
    thanks what did the blackberry feature enabler due for you? last time i called into tmobile to add it it was cause i was trying to use aim, they activated data for a second, sent service books, than removed data and the feature, did allow aim to work i informed them i needed them to leave the feature enabled and they said they couldnt. i was lost, anyways. i guess i will try youmail and see how it works if i cant figure this out.
    11-28-09 03:42 PM
    now i just attempted to install youmail and it takes you through the blackberry app world and i have same issues, also i just got off the phone with cst care and tech, neither were a help adding the feature enabler without a data package.
    11-28-09 04:20 PM
    well i was able to download youmail from their web site, now i need to set up an account
    11-28-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD