I downloaded new themes into my laptop to put into the Blackberry, Problem is I tried to follow the instructions here on the site and I cannot even find the *application Loader* in my BB...Help!?
    01-12-08 10:34 PM
    The application loader is in the desktop manager.
    01-12-08 10:38 PM
    The application loader is in the desktop manager.
    I;m telling ya....I seriously can't find it...What does it look like? Could I have accidentally erased it?
    01-12-08 10:40 PM
    You can't erase it. When you open the desktop Manger from your laptop the icon is right there. There should only be like 5 icon listed.
    01-12-08 10:42 PM
    hey! help us out by telling us the extension of the file you're trying to install!!

is it .alx?

Was there an OTA available for your theme? If so you should try that because it works 99.99999% of the time!!

if it is a .jar file, then you need to contact someone who can help change it into a .alx/.cod file for you!

-OR-

if you have that .jar file, copy it over to your phone's media card (assuming you have one) and then go to 'Explore' in the Media application. Navigate to that file and you can install it that way. It's basically the same as an OTA except you don't have to physically download it 'Over the Air'

And also.. did you BUY them from this site? there should be an OTA available for you!

Let us know, and hey,

good luck!!!!
    01-13-08 01:12 AM
    And this deserves a separate post:

Some people will see an OTA link that ends in .jar and think they can install it via their PC, but really the file is usually <1KB and is just a placeholder file...

Some links you absolutely need to visit via your BlackBerry browser! Just keep that in mind!
    01-13-08 01:19 AM
    The OTA = Over The Air (Internet Install) Or ALX = Connected to the Device Manager. I just Installed 6 themes successfully by going through these processes:

Lauched Application Loader>
    Next>
    Made sure it was connected>
    ADD>(In this case I had to search for the directory on my computer that had the Themes I saved>
    located the *.alx selected it and clicked Open>
    DM added it>
    Next to install it.

Hope this helped!
    01-24-08 12:43 AM
    I tried following the instructions provided in this thread on 4 different themes and it did not work at all.

Anyone know how to install downloaded .alx theme files use desktop manager> application loader?
    04-01-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD